News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Fantastic. One of the most widely liked MNDs in a very long time. And she doesn't shy away from difficult and unpopular decisions. Something people lower down the ladder appreciate.
I think she is going places. I would not be surprised to see her rise to Minister of Finance or PM, if she wants it.

The genius of this map is going to become more apparent shortly....

FxesvWUWIAwvWmb

Curious to get your insights here - what are we looking at?

Last edited:
Curious to get your insights here - what are we looking at?

You're looking at air defence (Patriots, SAMP-T) covering long range rocket artillery (HIMARS) and medium range cannon artillery (Excalibur). This means that the Ukrainians will be able to substantially pummel Russian positions without fear of the Russian air force attacking their front line units or artillery and rockets further back. They will use the cover to attack hard and deep across multiple axes when they eventually move.

Individually, none of these are "gamechangers". Put them together and you get a force that can impose substantial violence on their opponents without fear of overextending and getting subject to enemy air attacks attempting to blunt their offence. It's like a cake. Eggs, flour and sugar aren't individually spectacular. Mix them together and bake and you get something that is very different and much better.

I think she is going places. I would not be surprised to see her rise to Minister of Finance or PM, if she wants it.

Does she speak French? If yes, then maybe PM after a spell as Finance under PM Freeland..... after a term or two of PM Poilievre I expect.

Her French is about as bad as mine. LOL. She will probably get better. The department does have French classes.

It's very rare to see broad acclaim for a minister in the military. But I've not heard a single negative sentiment about her. Every senior officer who briefs her comes away with a positive impression. The biggest compliment? "She doesn't talk. She listens. She asks smart questions." That's a good guide for just about any job in life. But somehow rare among politicians.

All of the above said, politics is sadly about popularity, not competence. And I have no idea if she has the charisma to carry the day. But if she was at the top of the party, she'd have my vote without reservation.

Will add, that on defence and foreign policy, she genuinely seems interested in the subject and seems to think through policy as opposed to just adopting party doctrine on issues. This kind of honest intellect is rare.

Storm Shadow is air launched. A well planned operation with local SEAD can provide a release point in range of the Kerch Bridge. I don't think the Ukrainians would risk it yet. But it's not impossible.
Nice sighting of a Storm Shadow armed Fencer. The Kerch Bridge is definitely on the short list now.

Given that the use-by date was approaching, Britain’s donation of their Storm Shadows was a brilliant move.

I follow that account. That image got me excited. Because I know it keeps Russians up at night. Like I said earlier. It's just a bit early. They need it to give Russians living in Crimea a path out. My personal bet on the takedown of the bridge is October/November.

Here's what has me excited today:

Refresher training. Right behind the front. With battle hardened Ukrainians. That is good axe-sharpening right there.

Back