News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

20220927_110411.jpg

I'm in awe of the strategic genius here....

Also, deeply dismayed to see how easily people are already falling for, "Maybe the Americans did it....."

NATO should make it clear that any unfortunate "incidents" of the same nature to non-Russian assets would be met with similarly unfortunate "incidents".

AoD

I wonder if NATO could reasonably institute a naval blockade of Kaliningrad? It is surrounded by 2 NATO countries and the only viable exit is by sea.

NATO should make it clear that any unfortunate "incidents" of the same nature to non-Russian assets would be met with similarly unfortunate "incidents".

AoD

100%. But also, maybe the Germans will finally understand that their BS appeasement doesn't work. Putin saw their weakness and exploited it.

Hopefully, this means heavy armour and air defence in Ukraine shortly. There's only one way out here.

100%. But also, maybe the Germans will finally understand that their BS appeasement doesn't work. Putin saw their weakness and exploited it.

Hopefully, this means heavy armour and air defence in Ukraine shortly. There's only one way out here.

Perhaps what they need is a treaty of non-aggression between Russia and Germany?

I wonder if NATO could reasonably institute a naval blockade of Kaliningrad? It is surrounded by 2 NATO countries and the only viable exit is by sea.

Nah, there is no need to threaten their territorial integrity. I'd say Kerch bridge is poorly engineered and suffer from certain structural deficiencies, don't you say?

AoD

Hmmm, can US intelligence cause some unfortunate pipeline failures for export to India and China?

Not needed. They don't have enough pipeline capacity to China. They have zero pipeline capacity to India. All LNG. And Russia doesn't have much LNG export capacity.

Not needed. They don't have enough pipeline capacity to China. They have zero pipeline capacity to India. All LNG. And Russia doesn't have much LNG export capacity.

Besides, refineries are really finicky creatures, and from what I can tell Russian safety standards are kind of awful.

AoD

Me too. This lad was smart, surrender to the first Ukrainians you see, and with luck your mother will see you in person again.

Zelensky has been publicly encouraging Russian soldiers, especially new draftees, to immediately surrender once they encounter Ukrainian forces. He even promised that they'll be treated humanely, the opposite of the Russian approach.

I do sometimes wonder about the future of Kaliningrad. I remember reading that there were conversations in the 90's about Germany buying it back from Russia when their economy was in the doldrums, but I'm not sure how serious that ever was (especially given how the entire native German population had been expelled decades earlier and replaced with ethnic Russians). I imagine Russia would be loathe to give up such a strategically important parcel, especially now that it's relations with the EU are at an all time low.

Back