News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Here's a thought: as a sovereign nation, how about Ukraine join/partner/align with/trade with/etc. whomsoever they feel like.
Which is exactly what they and their allies have been saying. Not that they CAN join NATO but that if THEY want to (and NATO wants them) they can do so. At the moment NATO does not (or did not) want them; the EU had not even given them encouragement to apply, now it looks as though they will get 'on the list' - though most applicants take years to progress to an actual invite and some (Turkey being a good example) wait for many years.

Indeed. And follow Finland‘s example of arming yourself for bear in preparation for round 3.
Unfortunately for Ukraine, disarming would appear to be apart of said negotiations. The reality is neutrality is the only area Ukraine is willing to compromise on. The rest of the demands are just completely unreasonable. Zelenskyy and his government won't resign (why should they?) They won't disarm themselves (because what protects them from future attack then) and they wont compromise on their sovereignty either, even though that is probably more likely than the former two.

There's also no way for Putin to back down and allow Zelenskyy to continue ruling either since he's hammered home this Nazi idea. How can you back down from that and explain allowing a Nazi to remain in office?

Reactions: DSC
Unfortunately for Ukraine, disarming would appear to be apart of said negotiations. The reality is neutrality is the only area Ukraine is willing to compromise on. The rest of the demands are just completely unreasonable. Zelenskyy and his government won't resign (why should they?) They won't disarm themselves (because what protects them from future attack then) and they wont compromise on their sovereignty either, even though that is probably more likely than the former two.

There's also no way for Putin to back down and allow Zelenskyy to continue ruling either since he's hammered home this Nazi idea. How can you back down from that and explain allowing a Nazi to remain in office?
By "Nazi", you mean "Putin" or "Zelenskyy"?

I look at "Putin" being the "Nazi" here, with his "yesterday Crimea, today Donetsk and Luhansk, tomorrow 'The Ukraine'". ("The" used deliberately in this content.)

Last edited:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F90c165b4-1438-11eb-bca5-e85774a5f3b9.jpg

(via https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hitler-and-stalin-by-laurence-rees-review-dbzk2fsqt)

Also look up the Soviet view of Poland in light of the secret protocol of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, and do a compare and contrast with the contemporary Putin view of Ukraine. Oh, and the icing on this cake:

AoD

Last edited:
If Putin keeps this up he’ll end up with a nuclear armed Japan on its western border. China will do a face palm “thanks a lot Putin” at that point.

Japan moves to accept Ukrainian refugees and rebuild its military as countries continue to respond to the Russian invasion of Ukraine

Japan announced this past week that it would accept Ukrainian refugees displaced by the Russian invasion of Ukraine and will send bulletproof vests to Kiev.Historically, Japan has resisted taking in refugees and has maintained a pacifistic approach to foreign conflicts since the end of World War...
There‘s no fuzzy middle in this new world order it seems.

I doubt Putin expected the world powers to unite against him.

If this keeps up I can see China siding against Russia. China does what is in Chinas best interests even if it means tossing a longstanding ally aside.

Question, why hasn’t Russia sent ground forces straight south from Belarus along the Poland border to close off the arms imports?

Likely optics. At that point it goes from one country invading another to a coordinated invasion akin to a major international conflict.

Nobody wants a European war. European wars have a tendency to go global which is not ideal.

Realistically I give it a month of sanctions before Putin has an "accident".

If Putin keeps this up he’ll end up with a nuclear armed Japan on its western border. China will do a face palm “thanks a lot Putin” at that point.

Japan moves to accept Ukrainian refugees and rebuild its military as countries continue to respond to the Russian invasion of Ukraine

There‘s no fuzzy middle in this new world order it seems.

It's also interesting to see these moves vis-a-vis Dugin's Foundations of Geopolitics:

If that view is Putin's MO, the current cozy between China and Russia is really - and can only be just a phase.

AoD

Last edited:
@kEiThZ where would you saw these westbound Leopard 2 tanks are going?

Ah, I see the details now.

Last edited:
Canada might have been able to send over some used Avro Arrows, if the Progressive Conservatives didn't destroy them in 1959. See link.

BTW. Avro is now Bombardier or Alstom.
good idea we have a spare Avro sitting here in Malton , just needs an oil change, new battery and spark plugs 🤣😂
20220308_225044.png

Last edited:
By "Nazi", you mean "Putin" or "Zelenskyy"?

I look at "Putin" being the "Nazi" here, with his "yesterday Crimea, today Donetsk and Luhansk, tomorrow 'The Ukraine'". ("The" used deliberately in this content.)
I'm referring to Putin's narrative that Zelenskyy and his government are Nazi's. I'm not comparing anyone in the conflict to Nazi's myself, but given the narrative Putin has created and sold to the Russian people, I'm saying there's no way for a deal to be struck with Ukraine where Zelenskyy is allowed to continue to rule because then Putin has to explain why he let a "Nazi" remain in office.

It's one of the key reasons why there will not be any peaceful resolution to this conflict. Regime change is a must for Putin and a non starter for the government of Ukraine (as it should be)

Question, why hasn’t Russia sent ground forces straight south from Belarus along the Poland border to close off the arms imports?
This would be a major escalation of the conflict and would likely risk spillover. Especially given that the shipments have a long distance to traverse before they reach the frontlines anyway, there's plenty of space for Russia to cut them off without directly threatening NATO countries.

Should this drag on and Putin get more frustrated however, I could see this becoming a bigger issue. The US is already deploying Patriot missile systems to Poland which will likely trigger some form of response from Russia.

Back