News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yikes. Maybe this is why there was no lineup to vote.

1654216225289.png

Yikes. Maybe this is why there was no lineup to vote.

View attachment 404400

Near, never mind under 50% would be abysmal.

Normally low turnout favours the incumbent (angry people are more likely to vote); that said a number that low could be chaotic is some ridings. That is to say, have a completely unforeseen impact.

He's toast. Depending on the size of the majority and/or share of the popular vote Andrea  MIGHT be toast.

If Ford gets over 80 seats or more than 50% of the popular vote I don't see how she can stay on.
We get it. You don’t like Andrea. Next.

A few observations thus far:

- NDP doing better in Toronto than I expected, and the Liberals doing worse.
- PCs are massively popular in the ethnoburbs, no contest.
- The few likely LPO gains seem to be mostly wealthier, whiter and more educated ridings.
- LPO needs to rebuild and get a completely new fresh face. Even more so than the NDP, although not as urgently.

He's toast. Depending on the size of the majority and/or share of the popular vote Andrea  MIGHT be toast.

If Ford gets over 80 seats or more than 50% of the popular vote I don't see how she can stay on.
Ya I expect both to step down tonight.

Since Del Duca couldn't make any real gains, and lost his own seat badly again, he's gotta be toast.

And Horwath has gotta go. At least the NDP have a few good leadership prospects, including 2 or 3 within their smaller caucus.

Andrea may not unless pressured to do so by the party

She is stubborn enough to stick around claiming Opposition status as a victory. Unless party insiders gently nudge her towards the door she won't go.

While she may step down, I doubt it will be for a few months. She’s still opposition leader of a party that’s only won a single time in the province, and has done better under her than just about any other time save for Bob Rae.

I think she’s pragmatic enough to know that it might be time for a fresh face, but I don’t see the party turfing her. It will be on her terms.

I showed up at my poll first thing in the morning (a local school in downtown Toronto), just to get it out of the way. No line up. The place was deserted. I was the only voter there. I was in and out like a shot. Two guys arrived just as I was leaving. And that was my voting experience.

It looks like Del Duca is in for a well-deserved humiliation. Good. It serves him right. Howarth, though...If the NDP hang on to their official opposition status - and it looks like they might - I can see her clinging onto the leader position just because of that. Blech.

Back