News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

We already knew Councillor Cressy was exiting municipal politics, at least for now.........

But as of this morning, he has announced his resignation from Council, in order to accept his 'dream job' at George Brown College.

He'll be staying on only through this week's Council meeting and then he's gone.

Cressy will be the senior vice-president of external relations, communications, and real estate development.

We already knew Councillor Cressy was exiting municipal politics, at least for now.........

But as of this morning, he has announced his resignation from Council, in order to accept his 'dream job' at George Brown College.

He'll be staying on only through this week's Council meeting and then he's gone.

Cressy will be the senior vice-president of external relations, communications, and real estate development.

GBC are lucky to have him.

Word is Kristin Wong Tam is about to make the jump to provincial politics. Going to run in Toronto Centre for (what else?) the NDP.

The Liberals were after her at one point to make a run for office under their banner. She’s been friendly with both parties up to this point. I’d be a bit surprised if she runs provincially, but she’d still be better than random star Liberal parachute candidate that we usually get here.

Reactions: DSC
Last edited:
I was going to ask is Suze Morrison not running again, but Twitter provided the answer.

So if Wong-Tam loses, I guess se runs for council again. Pretty convenient election timing.

There will be a lot of candidates eyeing both levels of government, for better or worse. Neethan Shan will be running again - this time for the NDP in Scarborough Centre. Though DMW isn’t going to try that again in Don Valley East.

Confirmed:
KWT won't seek re-election and will run for MPP in Toronto Centre .
To the residents of Ward 13 - Toronto Centre, it is with much gratitude and love that I announce that I will not be seeking re-election for City Council in October. Furthermore, after a great deal of consideration and conversations with my family and close friends, I have decided to put my name forward to seek the NDP nomination to become the next Member of Provincial Parliament for Toronto Centre

The Star has finally caught up to the news first reported in this thread by @Blovertis

(currently paywalled)

She will resign her seat from Council as soon as the provincial writ drops.

Also from the article:

Wong-Tam said she was first courted for provincial office in 2018, in back-to-back dinner meetings with two party leaders — Kathleen Wynne and Andrea Horwath — in the same restaurant at the Marriott Hotel on Bay Street across from city hall, a day apart.

The Star has finally caught up to the news first reported in this thread by @Blovertis

(currently paywalled)

She will resign her seat from Council as soon as the provincial writ drops.

Also from the article:

Wong-Tam said she was first courted for provincial office in 2018, in back-to-back dinner meetings with two party leaders — Kathleen Wynne and Andrea Horwath — in the same restaurant at the Marriott Hotel on Bay Street across from city hall, a day apart.

She’s been friendly with both parties. That might have been a necessity in Toronto Centre, which has been a Liberal fortress, especially federally, but it has allowed her to work with Liberal partisans on council like Matlow quite well.

I'm also amazed Canada hasn't elected a female PM (not counting one stooge selected by the party to take the fall). This is the same country that in the recent past had a majority of female premiers, including a lesbian. I was also impressed how completely not an issue Wynne's sexuality was when she was premier.

I'm also amazed Canada hasn't elected a female PM (not counting one stooge selected by the party to take the fall). This is the same country that in the recent past had a majority of female premiers, including a lesbian. I was also impressed how completely not an issue Wynne's sexuality was when she was premier.
There were many right-wing Conservatives espousing their anti-LGBTQ rhetoric against many candidates in the past elections (plural).

Back