News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Here is the thing, as I said before I live in Scarborough Southwest and NOBODY cares who is part of his campaign. This is not like Michael Thompson who is being investigated for a criminal offence.

Gary has done nothing but good for the ward and that speaks for itself. He is well liked and I see him winning easily.

Lorenzo Berardinetti is a goof. He lost the MPP seat for the riding and now is crawling back to politics. Kevin Rupisinghe is not going to get very far, he is relatively unknown.

If anything, I can see the vote being split between Gary and Lorenzo.
I live there too and he's not well liked at all. Lorenzo has a tiny amount of name recognition but that's it.

I live there too and he's not well liked at all. Lorenzo has a tiny amount of name recognition but that's it.
What about Parthi Kandavel? Seems from a drive-through that *he* might be Crawford's main competition this time...

What about Parthi Kandavel? Seems from a drive-through that *he* might be Crawford's main competition this time...

To be fair until you mentioned it I had assumed Parthi was running for School Trustee again.

That being said, signs don't mean anything.

You could have signs on every house in the ward but that doesn't mean you have every vote. People will tell you to put up a sign just so you will leave them alone.

The only true indicator of who will win is the ballot box.

Lorenzo is trying to get back into politics but he won't succeed.

As I said before, the reason I voted for Gary was because of his hands on approach during the snow storm last year. He made sure that I didn't have to walk into traffic heading to work.

He helped me when I needed it.

On this we'll have to completely disagree. In all his years as Councillor he never even managed to get the Warden Woods bike trail repaved (its been gravel for a large section for almost a decade; he's also not completed any vision zero work of substance, not delivered any long promised new parks/park expansions, not managed to get funding for a gym for the Oakridge Recreation Centre (how ridiculous, a Rec. Ctr w/o a gym)............

No major TCHC redevelopments even proposed, even though both Teesdale and Catarqui are in rough shape and would benefit from a re-do; really.........I'd be hard pressed to come up with how the ward is any better off in his years in office.

Lets be completely fair, Michelle Berardinetti, his predecessor in a portion of the ward was less than useless; but that's not really much of a yard stick against wish to measure.

You have to go back to Adrian Heaps and before that Councillor Altobello, to see significant accomplishments including Bike Lanes on Pharmacy and Birchmount, the overhaul of Victoria Park Subway Station, and the streetscape work on Danforth east of VP

The bike lanes on Birchmount were a disaster first and foremost. They were removed not long after they were put in.

I agree with you for the most part. Teesdale and Cataraqui are in desperate need of repair but they are very large scale capital projects. With budgetary constraints the past few years I can see why nothing was done.

As for Warden Woods, paving that entire park won't be cheap. Again, likely a budget thing. I agree it should be paved however.

Parks and park spaces should be developed though there are a few existing in the ward. Buffers Park, Cathedral Bluffs, Taylor Creek Ravine, Warden Woods for example.

Taylor Creek Ravine at Birchmount and St Clair did undergo an overhaul recently. They did some major works down there last year I believe.

Warden Station is also undergoing a major overhaul.

Michelle was more interested in flying across the world paid for by the city. She was always overseas with some delegation from the city.

I told Michelle to her face that she lost my vote because she was an absentee councilor. She cared more for jetsetting than she did her job.

The bike lanes on Birchmount were a disaster first and foremost.

Can't disagree enough. I drove Pharmacy regularly between Danforth and Eglinton Square, after the Bike Lanes went in; it was just fine, there were no traffic jams. They weren't removed for being disasters, they were removed because some cranky old people who hate bikes and change made noise; and Michelle campaigned on removing them, and won.

I agree with you for the most part. Teesdale and Cataraqui are in desperate need of repair but they are very large scale capital projects. With budgetary constraints the past few years I can see why nothing was done.

I can't. Crawford has been Budget Chief for at least the last 8 years, and the need precedes that.

As for Warden Woods, paving that entire park won't be cheap. Again, likely a budget thing. I agree it should be paved however.

Only the unpaved section needs doing, which is roughly the northern 1/2 of the park. Its a 1M project, which is nothing burger in the context of an annual 15B City Budget. The southern 1/2 was repaved 10 years ago and is fine.

Parks and park spaces should be developed though there are a few existing in the ward. Buffers Park, Cathedral Bluffs, Taylor Creek Ravine, Warden Woods for example.

Developed?

Warden Station is also undergoing a major overhaul.

Prompted by a legislative requirement at the provincial level; and it will be the very last station to get elevators.

Michelle was more interested in flying across the world paid for by the city. She was always overseas with some delegation from the city.

I told Michelle to her face that she lost my vote because she was an absentee councilor. She cared more for jetsetting than she did her job.

Again, no disagreeing. She never should have won. Adrian Heaps should have held the seat. The voters were wrong.

Gary has more signs on public spaces. Parthi has more on lawns. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Gary has more signs on public spaces. Parthi has more on lawns. It's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

The more you mention it.. the more I think you are right.

The problem with the riding is that it is very Caucasian when it comes to voting. Every election there is a Singh, Nalaratnam, or some other such name but they never come close to winning. Put a Berardinetti, Wappel, Crawford, Harris or Heaps on the ballot and you are almost guaranteed a winner.

When I worked with the NDP we put Jay Sarkar and Alamgir Hussein on the ballot to win over the Southasian vote. That ended very very badly for us.

The problem with the riding is that it is very Caucasian when it comes to voting. Every election there is a Singh, Nalaratnam, or some other such name but they never come close to winning. Put a Berardinetti, Wappel, Crawford, Harris or Heaps on the ballot and you are almost guaranteed a winner.

When I worked with the NDP we put Jay Sarkar and Alamgir Hussein on the ballot to win over the Southasian vote. That ended very very badly for us.
Interesting points. I don't know if you're on any of the local Facebook pages but Crawford has very little support. I can think of 4 people and they all seem to have agendas on why they're voting for him. The rest are fed up because he lives in West Hill and doesn't help people.

Lorenzo is trying to get back into politics but he won't succeed.

As I said before, the reason I voted for Gary was because of his hands on approach during the snow storm last year. He made sure that I didn't have to walk into traffic heading to work.

He helped me when I needed it.
Though good constituency work is useful, there is far more to being a good councilor.

Interesting points. I don't know if you're on any of the local Facebook pages but Crawford has very little support. I can think of 4 people and they all seem to have agendas on why they're voting for him. The rest are fed up because he lives in West Hill and doesn't help people.

I did not know the facebook pages existed to be honest with you.

Though good constituency work is useful, there is far more to being a good councilor.

Yep. That is why I told off Michelle.

I used to be on a first name basis with Michelle Berardinetti. I could walk up to her on the street and she would go "Hey Richard!". I want someone who will actually work for me, not for themselves.

That is one reason why I voted for Gary. He may enjoy a good photo-op but loyalty is key, when someone does you a favor you do not abandon them.

Of course, provincially speaking, Doly Begum puts the kibosh on that pattern.

Just learned through Radio-Canada that neither of the candidates for French public school trustee in Toronto Centre actually speaks French. No choice but to cancel my vote. How can such a thing happen? It's infuriating.

Back