News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's going to be interesting. I wonder if Romania will intervene to protect Moldova. Time for the Moldovans to invite in NATO for exercises. And then ask the Ukrainians for military assistance.

It's going to be interesting. I wonder if Romania will intervene to protect Moldova. Time for the Moldovans to invite in NATO for exercises. And then ask the Ukrainians for military assistance.
Moldova's constitution has neutrality written into it so I don't really know if any of this is possible till they are actually at war.

Moldova's constitution has neutrality written into it so I don't really know if any of this is possible till they are actually at war.
Official neutrality just means they won't join NATO. Nothing stopping them from joint exercises with neighbours.

Also, what is Putin going to do? Invade them? He's already done that.

Official neutrality just means they won't join NATO. Nothing stopping them from joint exercises with neighbours.

Also, what is Putin going to do? Invade them? He's already done that.

Besides constitutions can be amended (perhaps even ignored, if one can get away with it).

AoD

Besides constitutions can be amended (perhaps even ignored, if one can get away with it).

AoD
Not when you're official opposition party is pro Russia. The current Moldovan government is the first pro Europe Moldovan government in a long time if ever. I really don't think amending or ignoring the constitution is an option for them.

On paper they could do joint drills I'm sure but given the state of their military who knows what that would look like.

Ukraine could capture Transnistria if they really felt it necessary but there's no way they would defend an attack on actual Moldovan territory, they have too much else to worry about. Though I'm sure they would at least attempt to intercept aircraft and missiles before they reach Moldova. That's about it though.

Romania would be a wildcard, but there's also no way they would get involved unless they had guarantees a strike on Romanian territory would invoke article 5 even if they sent troops into Moldova.

With any hope. I've said it before. At this rate, Russia won't have much of a conventional military left by the end of the Summer.
You might be right, strike two for the navy?!

That one is unconfirmed. Just wait till they operationalize the Brimstone missiles the Brits are giving them. That's when the real fun starts. Russian sailors might have to actually fight like a real navy to survive.

If this ends up being confirmed it would not only be a blow to Putin but it may end his political career.

Don't forget they went into this war thinking it would be a cake walk. Now they are getting their asses handed to them by a country Putin claims is inferior.

There may come a point where Putin is forced to end the war to save face. Eventually there will come a point where he will be seen as weak and ineffectual.

No doubt the Russian Eagles are circling so to speak.

When you’re a dictator there‘s only one way your political career ends prematurely.

There's three - a military coup (the most probable, but not imminent), an assassination, or a revolution of the people (which is highly unlikely).

Back