News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Has there ever been discussion of connecting the western parts of Langstaff after they connect the center and eastern parts over the CN rail yard?

Also, shouldn’t parts of Highway 7 be renamed Langstaff and 14th/Centre Rd and reconnected as appropriate or has that never been considered? Just seems like the logical thing to reconnect the original concession roads no? Is Highway 7 as a concept still needed in York Region?
they have the plans ill see if i can find them but Langstaff will be 3 lanes both directions from hwy 7 to basically 400

EDIT: Langstaff road drawings.

Last edited:
Has there ever been discussion of connecting the western parts of Langstaff after they connect the center and eastern parts over the CN rail yard?

Also, shouldn’t parts of Highway 7 be renamed Langstaff and 14th/Centre Rd and reconnected as appropriate or has that never been considered? Just seems like the logical thing to reconnect the original concession roads no? Is Highway 7 as a concept still needed in York Region?
Everyone knows it as Highway 7, as such renaming it is fruitless.

they have the plans ill see if i can find them but Langstaff will be 3 lanes both directions from hwy 7 to basically 400

EDIT: Langstaff road drawings.
I’m talking about the western part between Kipling and Islington.

Everyone knows it as Highway 7, as such renaming it is fruitless.
I get that. But why not revert to the original names from before it became Highway 7? Bovaird and Queen St in Brampton are no longer called Highway 7.

Last edited:
I get that. But why not revert to the original names from before it became Highway 7? Bovaird and Queen St in Brampton are no longer called Highway 7.
How many people know the original names? I know I don't.

Also, I'm fairly certain Bovaird and Queen St were called Bovaird and Queen St, Brampton treated Highway 7 the same way Toronto treated Highway 11, by basically leaving it as a roadside marker. York Region did not have such an arrangement, it was just called Highway 7, and reverting it to a previous version would require looking at maps that are like 100 years old. There is no point.

Received via email today.

Members of the BILD York Chapter:

On June 16th, Regional Committee of the Whole will receive a presentation and report to recommend the adoption of the 2022 Transportation Master Plan. Following COW endorsement the TMP will be adopted on June 30th by Council.

To make a deputation, please register by Wednesday, June 15th at noon – here.

To submit a letter please do so by email the Regional Clerk by Wednesday, June 15th at noon.

DOCUMENTS FOR ADOPTION

• JUNE 16TH STAFF REPORT
  • FINAL Transportation Master Plan
  • FINAL Proposed 2051 Regional Road Cycling Map Network - Map 1
  • FINAL Proposed 2051 Regional Trail Network - Map 2
  • FINAL Proposed 2051 Rapid Transit Network - Map 3
  • FINAL Proposed 2051 Road Network - Map 4

[see item E.2.1 on this link to access the above maps]
SUMMARY OF THE STAFF REPORT

• The 2022 TMP is a long-term transportation plan identifying infrastructure and initiatives required to support population and employment growth to 2051, as envisioned through the Regional Official Plan and aligns with the financial sustainability principles embedded in the Region's Fiscal Strategy
  • The 2022 TMP was developed in coordination with the Region’s Municipal Comprehensive Review Process, which includes updates to the Region’s Official Plan and Water and Wastewater Master Plan
  • Recommendations in the 2022 TMP are based on best practices research, technical assessment of the transportation network, and informed by Council priorities and feedback received throughout the engagement and outreach process
  • The 2022 TMP aligns with provincial plans, including the Metrolinx 2018 Regional Transportation Plan and the Ministry of Transportation 2022 Greater Golden Horseshoe Transportation Plan
  • Implementation of the 2022 TMP will involve monitoring to ensure delivery of initiatives and actions identified through five focus areas and prioritizing transportation improvement projects through the 10-year Roads and Transit Capital Program

Back