News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, and Olivia Chow isn’t the one getting visits from CSIS either, so your point being? Merely being Chinese - irrespective of context - should translate into CSIS surveillance in the name of “protecting democracy”?

AoD
I didnt say she was getting visits, I'm saying they are most likely watching her just as they were watching Ken Fe

There’s rumours that tomorrow’s Mainstreet poll will show Bailao gaining steam in the second spot, thus solidifying her as the “anti-Chow” candidate. As noted previously, Bailao has been polling much higher in Mainstreet polls than Forum or Liaison.

There’s rumours that tomorrow’s Mainstreet poll will show Bailao gaining steam in the second spot, thus solidifying her as the “anti-Chow” candidate. As noted previously, Bailao has been polling much higher in Mainstreet polls than Forum or Liaison.
Rumours about a poll? So I guess it's done and sent to the media but embargoed until tomorrow?
The real headline there is Bailao solidifies losing to Chow in second place.

But "gaining steam' and "it's still a race" are the bread and butter for the election infotainment junk news writers out there in the media. So big deals will be made. Until the very next poll comes.

She's NDP. Do you know of another major Canadian party thats more Left-wing??
We have three major parties that cover most of the country and a few middling regional ones. So, it's analogous to claiming the tallest person in a group of three is the tallest in the world.

As far as the NDP go, they're not even far left for Canada.

See; Animal Protection Party of Canada, Communist Party of Canada, Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada, Marijuana Party of Canada, Parti Libre Canada (Those are of the ones that still have valid registration with Elections Canada).

Also, if the NDP are "far left" in Canada, who is just left of centre?

Reactions: DSC

I would never suggest that Quito has his thumb on the scale; but that others may draw that conclusion, would not surprise me.

Disregard that part of my post. I had her mixed up with someone else

Disregard one of the many points you have that are either provably wrong, or entirely without any foundation or evidence, so as to imply you had some type of legitimate point somewhere along the way?

Pass.

Your assertions are comically absurd. That said from someone not particularly likely to vote Chow, btw.

There are fair critiques to be made of her campaign, but you have offered none.

Instead you've offered slander, libel, absurdity and discriminatory BS.

Mainstreet polling strikes me as being biased. I don't fully trust their numbers

We have three major parties that cover most of the country and a few middling regional ones. So, it's analogous to claiming the tallest person in a group of three is the tallest in the world.

As far as the NDP go, they're not even far left for Canada.

See; Animal Protection Party of Canada, Communist Party of Canada, Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada, Marijuana Party of Canada, Parti Libre Canada (Those are of the ones that still have valid registration with Elections Canada).

Also, if the NDP are "far left" in Canada, who is just left of centre?
Some of those are arguable even at that end, i.e. more "fringe" than "left" per se--APP more like "Green, only re animals"; and Marijuana & PLC having more natural affinity w/libertarian or Bernierite forces.

But of course, keep in mind that those screaming out "NDP = far left" (particularly common in Sun/Post-type media) are prone to Overton-window-shifting so that hard right political forces are the "true" moderates.

Back