News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I see a still active entry in the Lobbyist Registry for the properties listed above that actually originates in 2015.

These are currently 2 SFH properties, but they are just off Yonge, north of the 401.

By themselves, the 2 properties are ~10,000ft 2, borderline for a development of any size; they may also be limited by SFH across and down the street.as neighbours.

What might be more interesting is a combination with the adjacent parcel at 4576 Yonge which seems very under-built for the area.

Lets look at the Streetview photos first:

1652986952925.png

One can see the adjacent Yonge St. parcel off to the left in this photo.

To the west is a street, following by more SFH.

Across the road is :

1652987033991.png

The area immediately south is a parking lot for a Crematorium........followed by more SFH

1652987117560.png

Aerial pic here:

1652987166032.png

I'm sure @sunnyraytoronto will have some thoughts.....

What might be more interesting is a combination with the adjacent parcel at 4576 Yonge which seems very under-built for the area.

I'm sure @sunnyraytoronto will have some thoughts.....
Moini,... err, I mean Moi?

4576 Yonge is the former Warner Brother buildings built in the 1980s,... it's technically maxed out for its site in this part of the North York Centre Secondary Plan area.

21 & 23 Franklin Avenue are each 37.5' frontage lots a tad bit over 130' deep creating a land-assembly of 75'X130'
- what's allowable is to severe into 3 lots of 25' frontage - resulting in 25'X130' lots with McSkinnies that you see across the street - meeting the minimum frontage and lot areas within the Official Plan for this area
- instead of severe into 3 lots to build 3 McSkinnies,... this applicant (Bijan Moini) proposed to severe into 6 lots to build Micro-Houses. How? Because this is corner lot, applicant plan to severe into 6 not along the current frontage along Franklin Ave but along the side of Linelle Street - creating 6 lots of about 22'X75',... and because the maximum allowable lot coverage in the area is 30% but 32% is often granted upon request - but not the 39.5% being requested here,... these will be Micro-Houses that's half the size of the smallest McSkinnies currently in the neighbourhood! Also, note - the side of a corner lot usually have a parcel of City land about 15' wide,... here, that public space will now be used as sidewalk and THEIR driveway and front yard.
21Franklin_SitePlan.png

21Franklin_Proposal.png

Of course City would refused this Development Application,... so applicant went to OMB/OLT PL170188 & PL180607 - my recollection is the applicant won the appeal to severe into 6 lots - I don't recall the new lot coverage percentage.

So why is this being stalled? Well,... local Cllr Filion doesn't like to lose - especially at OMB!
- As I mentioned for the nearby Menkes' 57 Linelle project,... CityStaff have determined,.... "- main issue now is water pressure on Linelle St is insufficient, physically easier to hook up with nearby Yonge St pipes but due to all the high-density redevelopment along Yonge St really no excess capacity there so they have to hook up with about 1km of new underground pipes connecting to Sheppard Ave West"
- While this applicant probably would have gotten away with severing original 2 lots into 3 lots for 3 households,.... going from 2 to 6 lots will require a special contribution towards increasing the water infrastructure in the area to be shared with Menkes new 34 townhouses at the other end of Linelle Street. Hence the current activity on the Lobby Registry is likely the applicant crying and bitching about having to pay for a portion of the required City water infrastructure improvements,....

Moini,... err, I mean Moi?

4576 Yonge is the former Warner Brother buildings built in the 1980s,... it's technically maxed out for its site in this part of the North York Centre Secondary Plan area.

21 & 23 Franklin Avenue are each 37.5' frontage lots a tad bit over 130' deep creating a land-assembly of 75'X130'
- what's allowable is to severe into 3 lots of 25' frontage - resulting in 25'X130' lots with McSkinnies that you see across the street - meeting the minimum frontage and lot areas within the Official Plan for this area
- instead of severe into 3 lots to build 3 McSkinnies,... this applicant (Bijan Moini) proposed to severe into 6 lots to build Micro-Houses. How? Because this is corner lot, applicant plan to severe into 6 not along the current frontage along Franklin Ave but along the side of Linelle Street - creating 6 lots of about 22'X75',... and because the maximum allowable lot coverage in the area is 30% but 32% is often granted upon request - but not the 39.5% being requested here,... these will be Micro-Houses that's half the size of the smallest McSkinnies currently in the neighbourhood! Also, note - the side of a corner lot usually have a parcel of City land about 15' wide,... here, that public space will now be used as sidewalk and THEIR driveway and front yard.
View attachment 401350

View attachment 401351

Of course City would refused this Development Application,... so applicant went to OMB/OLT PL170188 & PL180607 - my recollection is the applicant won the appeal to severe into 6 lots - I don't recall the new lot coverage percentage.

So why is this being stalled? Well,... local Cllr Filion doesn't like to lose - especially at OMB!
- As I mentioned for the nearby Menkes' 57 Linelle project,... CityStaff have determined,.... "- main issue now is water pressure on Linelle St is insufficient, physically easier to hook up with nearby Yonge St pipes but due to all the high-density redevelopment along Yonge St really no excess capacity there so they have to hook up with about 1km of new underground pipes connecting to Sheppard Ave West"
- While this applicant probably would have gotten away with severing original 2 lots into 3 lots for 3 households,.... going from 2 to 6 lots will require a special contribution towards increasing the water infrastructure in the area to be shared with Menkes new 34 townhouses at the other end of Linelle Street. Hence the current activity on the Lobby Registry is likely the applicant crying and bitching about having to pay for a portion of the required City water infrastructure improvements,....

I knew it would be a safe bet you had something to say! LOL

Back