News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't report on lobbying activity that seems related to a single family home (in isolation).

However, notwithstanding the reported address, I don't believe that is the case here.

From the Lobbyist Registry, we learn that IBI has been retained to lobby in relation to 2266 Lake Shore Blvd West.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32342​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

2266 Lake Shore Boulevard West

The address above, as will be clear in the aerial pic is a single town home unit fronting Lake Shore.

However, this is listed as a 'combined application', and the beneficiary is listed as Podium Developments.

I therefore conclude that the address is likely erroneous and must represent, at the very least the one entire block of townhomes.

My suspicion is (no evidence) that it represents the entire townhome community.

A comparatively easy way to assemble, and a material property size, bordering an area with massive height precedents.

Aerial Pic:

1631810627918.png

In this aerial pic, I have highlighted this townhouse community in its entirety:

1631810763792.png

The adjacent site fronting Legion road is a self-storage, which is obviously an under-utilization of that site.

Site Size: (unknown), but the highlighted area of townhomes is 1.2ha.

What exactly is up here............others may know..........

I wonder if it is a small error in the address and the actual project being considered will replace the self storage facility. That has been slated for development for several years now.

The townhouse complex is relatively new and is a rather pleasant development. I would be a little surprised if it were redeveloped in the near future.

I wonder if it is a small error in the address and the actual project being considered will replace the self storage facility. That has been slated for development for several years now.

The townhouse complex is relatively new and is a rather pleasant development. I would be a little surprised if it were redeveloped in the near future.
That sounds much more likely, and more desirable too.

Of course, the lobbyist registry also gave us the suggestion of a 79-storey tower on Merton........

Which likewise seems quite improbable.......

Is sloppy data-entry now the thing with this? Or are we getting a series of really unorthodox proposals?

Back