47926613098_23cda7dd39_b.jpg

Developer - Draper and Kramer
Architect - Solomon Cordwell BUenz

CHICAGO – (February 25, 2019) – Draper and Kramer, Incorporated, today announced it has started construction on
2111 S. Wabash Ave., a 24-story, 275-unit building in the McCormick Square area of Chicago’s South Loop. Located less
than one block from the CTA’s Cermak/McCormick Place Green Line station, the transit-oriented development will offer
residents a convenient location just a five-minute train ride from Chicago’s Loop.

“With 2111 S. Wabash, we are helping advance the city’s vision for McCormick Square as a dynamic mixed-use area
boasting a blend of entertainment, retail and residential offerings in proximity to the central business district,” said Ed Polich,
executive vice president of real estate with Draper and Kramer, the project's developer. “These apartments meet the growing
demand for new rental housing in this burgeoning part of the South Loop as the evolution of the McCormick Square and
Motor Row entertainment district continues.”

Designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz, 2111 S. Wabash will have a modern, asymmetric base, topped with a glass tower
with a “sawtooth” façade that provides functional living areas in the form of bays within individual residences.

Love the shots with pedestrians in the foreground - context does matter and you do a good job of putting the buildings in their environment.

Yeah, I really try to get some of these lesser known projects to look as impactful as they really are to their surrounding area. As you can see, from some angles, this thing almost appears alone.

Yeah, I really try to get some of these lesser known projects to look as impactful as they really are to their surrounding area. As you can see, from some angles, this thing almost appears alone.
I remember when RiverCity was all alone the only modern building S of the Congress.

I remember when RiverCity was all alone the only modern building S of the Congress.
Yep, just watched Candyman (1991) again this weekend and noticed how different certain areas look compared to today. I'm sure you remember when the elevated walkways were still a thing at UIC (plus the big auditorium quad). Cabrini Green's change since then has been... drastic. Side note, some of the projects they used weren't even Cabrini for the movie but the ones by old Comiskey (Harold Ikes if my memory serves me)

Back