Hi @Osharion, welcome to the forum! It would be great if you could take a couple of minutes and voice that opinion to the City!

Hi @Osharion, welcome to the forum! It would be great if you could take a couple of minutes and voice that opinion to the City!

Hello, Thank you. I'll most definitely do that!

Hello again UT I live in 2466 and just wanted to share some of the building's Management reaction to the Proposed development This Was Posted on all floors about a week ago.....

IMG-0729.jpg

And This Was the cover letter of a petition sign-up form this week highlighting management and residents' complaints.

IMG-0728.jpg

When I took a picture of the petition around midday, there were a few signatures, but later that evening, to my surprise, all of the forms were full !!!
In total, they are aiming for 1000! signatures.

I don't have much of an opinion on the complaints yet I'll have to think about them. But WOW!!!

Last edited:
When I took a picture of the petition around midday, there were a few signatures, but later that day, to my surprise, all of the forms were full !!!

I don't have much of an opinion on the complaints, yet I'll have to think about them. But WOW!!!
Not surprising. Nobody ever wants anyone to move in across from them, so the planning department gets these petitions all the time. If the complaints have any merit, it could result in changes, but if traffic studies, for example, show the fears are unfounded, the petition won't likely have much effect.

When I took a picture of the petition around midday, there were a few signatures, but later that day, to my surprise, all of the forms were full !!!

I don't have much of an opinion on the complaints, yet I'll have to think about them. But WOW!!!
If the Condo-Owners at Rainbow Village are interested, our volunteers can send them all of the complaint-letters and petitions that were submitted to Scarborough Council by homeowners on LORD ROBERTS DRIVE - when the 18-storey building that you all live in Today was proposed for development on a Parking-Lot in the late 1980's...

2460 Eglinton Avenue East_1987.PNG

2460 Eglinton Avenue East_1989.PNG

2460 Eglinton Avenue East_1992.PNG

1991 - check-out all that new SHADOW, and the "views of clear sky" that the home-owners to the North complained about.

We really need to concede the point about the lack of a community centre. Real dearth of those in the area:

View attachment 314575

I agree completely that the Absence of a Community Centre is a bizarre complaint.............

While noting that I completely support the Housing proposal..........I will say there would be an intelligent ask..........

That Community Centre has no indoor pool.

Nor is there one within a reasonable distance.

Without making the housing contingent on paying to improve the Community Centre, the City should be asked to invest in this community.

That would be a fair ask.

I'll further add, that if the Community Centre were redeveloped, and the parking put underground; I could fit a full-sized soccer field on that lot.

Oh vey, condo owners so concerned about the poor slobs in affordable housing not having enough ameneties--the caring, the concern, so touching! I think new developments should make an effort to contribute positively to communities, but what the hell kinda complaint is that lmao

That Community Centre has no indoor pool.

Nor is there one within a reasonable distance.

Without making the housing contingent on paying to improve the Community Centre, the City should be asked to invest in this community.

That would be a fair ask.
There's a new YMCA (with 2 x pools) going into the base of a new Condo near Kingston Road and Main...

A city run Aquatic-Facility in the base of one of the Podiums is an easy "ask" if the Condo owners are willing to trade-off on their concerns about Height, Shadow and Parking... but since the RAINBOW VILLAGE Condos already have an Indoor Pool, Gym, Sauna and Squash Court ... we may be safe to assume that their concerns about "Recreation-Access" are not the main reasons for their petition.

1619222383681.png

1619222020054.png

YMCA in Condo - https://beachmetro.com/2019/05/10/n...ing-to-take-shape-in-advance-of-2020-opening/

A city run Aquatic-Facility in the base of one of the Podiums is an easy "ask" if the Condo owners are willing to trade-off on their concerns about Height, Shadow and Parking... but since the RAINBOW VILLAGE Condos already have an Indoor Pool, Gym, Sauna and Squash Court ... we may be safe to assume that their concerns about "Recreation-Access" are not the main reasons for their petition

I agree some of the concerns expressed are likely disingenuous; and others.....just unreasonable.

I merely offer that there could be fair asks; which would be a better use of everyone's time than the petition seen above.

Back