News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is somewhat important, insofar as first world problems go anyway:

Are there any coffee shops that serve actual coffee and are open 24 hrs? In Toronto, obviously.

Please. I just walked home from Cabbagetown and I took a detour and a half, hoping to find something. Ended up down at Front and then crept up Spadina til almost Dundas and then gave up and walked back south.

Is there a decent coffee shop that's open all day and night?

Had you considered sleeping?

Some people do that at night. :)

To be more constructive, Tim's and McD's are the only 'coffee' places I can think of open 24/7.

But there are quite a few restos/bars/diners, most of which will make a serviceable cup of coffee.

But you're probably looking at tipped service and a somewhat more expensive cup than Tim's.

I don't spend much time DT at 4am anymore, ...............

But I used to go to 7 West on Charles at that hour.

For something a tad less ambient there are still a couple of Fran's around.

Of if you feel like a $17 burger, Thompson Diner would be between downtown and Parkdale.

Not that I recommend it, but the nearest Coffee Time (open 24/7) would probably be Bloor/Lansdowne), the one on Queen is an early close.

If you can down Starbucks, the one inside SickKids is open 24/7

Last edited:
Bruv, I read your entire post with interest and amusement and then I got to the last line and was like, that will do.

Unfortunately, it's too late and I've clearly made it home and alright now with ample tea and gin, but damn.....that's exactly what I was looking for. It's only Starbucks but......how is McD's coffee anyway, in comparison? (I know Timmy's is...um, buck-a-beer, if you get me)

Also, to be honest, I've been thinking of changing my user name to Sunrise Champion, in honour of my crew and my true nature.

PS: What is 7 West? (Other than waaaay north of Queen and therefore beyond my geographical restrictions....self-imposed, of course)

PPS: Wait, what the hell are you doing up at this hour? :p

PS: What is 7 West? (Other than waaaay north of Queen and therefore beyond my geographical restrictions....self-imposed, of course)

PPS: Wait, what the hell are you doing up at this hour? :p

7 West is this:

7-west-cafe-toronto-by-mauricio-alas-photography.jpg

Love the place. Never had the coffee. LOL

Pic from SpottedbyLocals.

This is their website:

https://www.7westcafe.com/

As for McDs coffee. I don't have it much, as I try not to set foot in the place, but when I have resorted to it, really reminds me of Tims.

Very mild, inoffensive, and rather muted in flavour. Its not gross, but not great. But that's before accounting for the 'ambiance'. (pffft, there I go, being a downtown elite) LOL

As to why I was up, sadly, not an exciting reason, I had already been to bed, but back pain got the better of me.......what better way to pass the time waiting for the anti-inflammatory to kick in than answer coffee questions from @MTown. LOL

The green tea from Timmy's and McD's both taste like wet paper towel (and I am being very considerate of both chains). Even the green tea sold in Timothy's is better.

Too bad Starbucks bought Teavana and destroyed it out of existence.

7 West is this:

7-west-cafe-toronto-by-mauricio-alas-photography.jpg

Love the place. Never had the coffee. LOL

Pic from SpottedbyLocals.

This is their website:

https://www.7westcafe.com/

Yooooooo, that's beautiful! Forget WVRST.....in spite of being well north of Queen, I think this may be by winter home instead! Wow. Looks so cozy. I could spend whole days in there.

As for McDs coffee. I don't have it much, as I try not to set foot in the place, but when I have resorted to it, really reminds me of Tims.

Very mild, inoffensive, and rather muted in flavour. Its not gross, but not great. But that's before accounting for the 'ambiance'. (pffft, there I go, being a downtown elite) LOL

hahahaa......downtown elite latte-sipper, honestly with your bougie 7 West ;)
Ambiance......bright neon lights. Feels like I may as well be getting gas station coffee.

As to why I was up, sadly, not an exciting reason, I had already been to bed, but back pain got the better of me.......what better way to pass the time waiting for the anti-inflammatory to kick in than answer coffee questions from @MTown. LOL

That sucks. I thought you were waking up that early on Sundays, for whatever reason. Though you might be one of those joggers we used to see at Cherry Beach when we'd go there at 5 in the morning after a rave back in the day to drink gin and watch the sunrise. hahahaa "When I was young".
Yeah, my reason wasn't the best either. I'm not sure why I walked from Cabbagetown. I just started walking and didn't stop. My friend whose place I left phoned me an hour later and I was just walking down Front by the convention centre. She's asking me what the hell I'm thinking. I'm like, "yo, I was trying to find coffee". hahaha....ended up walking up Spadina to almost Dundas and then back down to King, only to miss the streetcar by a second. Gave up and took a taxi. Spadina is messed up at night. Nothing good happens there after midnight.
Parliament is also wack. Front Street though.....very normal.

Back