AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
Trulife Development's VP of sales and marketing mentions about a 9 storey mixed use condo in their planning pipeline along Lake Shore West in Etobicoke.

The overhead image on their website appears to indicate it's for 2749-2765 Lake Shore Blvd W, which is the block between First and Second Street in New Toronto. This includes the Maple Leaf House Grill & Lounge, retail plaza in the middle, and low-rise with retail building at the west end of the site.

1595613882526.png

1595613938502.png

1595613979716.png

I literally just went by this plaza the other day about a week ago, and asked myself "what would it look like if this big bar and slightly run down middle plaza were redeveloped". And oddly enough, I come here to find that there's now a proposal for it. Talk about some weird kind of Deja Vu.

Nevertheless i'm curious to see what they come up with, New Toronto needs to be refreshed. I'm not holding my breath that the Popeyes will return though, because of the jacked up rent they'll charge for the retail space

I literally just went by this plaza the other day about a week ago, and asked myself "what would it look like if this big bar and slightly run down middle plaza were redeveloped". And oddly enough, I come here to find that there's now a proposal for it. Talk about some weird kind of Deja Vu.

Nevertheless i'm curious to see what they come up with, New Toronto needs to be refreshed. I'm not holding my breath that the Popeyes will return though, because of the jacked up rent they'll charge for the retail space
This has frequently happened to me during my time here on UT 😅

I was beginning to think I was becoming omnipotent with new bike share stations too, as I walked by places thinking these would be good spots and log into UT later that day or the next to find that a bike share station has appeared on the very spot.

Maple Leaf House! Been there forever. One of those classic white trash bars full of shady characters that seems like a relic of a bygone era.

I used to hang out in New Toronto years ago and have never been to the Maple Leaf House, sounds like I'm not missing much. I mostly went with the places further west past Kipling like Sloppy Joe's, 850 Degrees Pizzeria, and Tatsu's Bread. There used to be this small dessert bakery place run by this nice older Polish lady around Twenty Second St but I believe it's closed down for years and is a different cafe now.

I used to hang out in New Toronto years ago and have never been to the Maple Leaf House, sounds like I'm not missing much. I mostly went with the places further west past Kipling like Sloppy Joe's, 850 Degrees Pizzeria, and Tatsu's Bread. There used to be this small dessert bakery place run by this nice older Polish lady around Twenty Second St but I believe it's closed down for years and is a different cafe now.
You're not missing out on much, all the action on Lake Shore is west of Kipling. However some notable good eats east of Kipling are: Double D's, Sweet Olenkas, Kitchen on 6th, and Cellar Door. All the bars in the area are dumps that are pretty much filled with chain smokers/alcoholics. Good riddance to all of them.

You're not missing out on much, all the action on Lake Shore is west of Kipling. However some notable good eats east of Kipling are: Double D's, Sweet Olenkas, Kitchen on 6th, and Cellar Door. All the bars in the area are dumps that are pretty much filled with chain smokers/alcoholics. Good riddance to all of them.

Agreed. Maple Leaf House exemplifies this demographic.

After a period of quiet, there is action afoot here.

The Lobbyist Registry tells us that former Councillor Chris Korwin-Kuczynski has been retained to lobby for this one.

The lobbying info only references the 2749 address, but I think we can logically infer that the assembly noted above is in tact.

I'll add an aerial pic here:

1645041157730.png

As seen this site would be 0.24ha/ or 0.6 acres (~ 26000ft2)

Not sure if the proponent has changed here, the client is listed as: Erth Home Inc

well it no longer exists on trulife's site so assume the land has changed hands

Erth homes according to their site is all about the environment so we may see some mass timber here or something. Erth only says they have a single property downtown at the moment and they are still waiting to announce that.

so who knows. it's lake shore in etobicoke so it'll probably change hands about 30 times before it's abandoned

or turned into a shelter

or a dollarama

Last edited:
well it no longer exists on trulife's site so assume the land has changed hands

Erth homes according to their site is all about the environment so we may see some mass timber here or something. Erth only says they have a single property downtown at the moment and they are still waiting to announce that.

so who knows. it's lake shore in etobicoke so it'll probably change hands about 30 times before it's abandoned

or turned into a shelter

or a dollarama

New entry this morning on the Lobbyist Registry:

1696423833597.png

Back