Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
According to the Lobbyist Registry, these properties along with 58-60 Berkeley have been assembled by Mr. Lamb and now lobbying ready.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32289​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

296, 298-300 King Street East and 58-60 Berkeley Street, Toronto

Aerial Pic:

1630678976348.png

Site size: 1390M2/15000ft2

Heritage Status: Both 298 and 300 King St. East are 'listed' but not Designated.

According to the Lobbyist Registry, these properties along with 58-60 Berkeley have been assembled by Mr. Lamb and now lobbying ready.

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM32289​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

296, 298-300 King Street East and 58-60 Berkeley Street, Toronto

Aerial Pic:

View attachment 346278

Site size: 1390M2/15000ft2

Heritage Status: Both 298 and 300 King St. East are 'listed' but not Designated.

I smell smoke!

Knowing Lamb, he's going to want around 35 to 40 storeys here. Since this is diagonally across from the Staples site and a location for a future Ontario line station.

Isn't this strip of Berkeley Mixed Use 4 in TOcore? Good luck at OLT on this one, on a document the Province marked up and approved.

Isn't this strip of Berkeley Mixed Use 4 in TOcore? Good luck at OLT on this one, on a document the Province marked up and approved.

There's a pretty solid and growing consensus (rightly or wrongly) that the height caps in the MU Areas designations in TO Core won't hold up particularly well at the Board.

It's better than saving merely the facade but I really dislike these stomping on the heritage building designs, it's clumsy and overbearing. I think a preferable tradeoff is a smaller floorplate with more height to achieve the same density. Shadowing is often cited as a concern, but honestly I think a fatter shadow that covers a wider area at once is about break even with a thinner shadow that reaches a bit farther.

Back