Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
"3 residential and 1 mixed use buildings of 9, 30, 33 and 35 storeys (1081 units total) gr fl commercial (1025sq m)"
3085 Hurontario.jpg

The current site is the City Centre Plaza, a small indoor shopping plaza with a above ground parking garage at the rear. It is located around the southeast corner of Hurontario Street and Kirwin Avenue, near the Cooksville GO station. Site in red:

Site.jpg

View at Street Level:

1631056062221.png

Taken from: https://canada247.info/explore/onta...lle/benab-family-restaurant-905-281-8499.html

Parking Garage access from the north:

1631056127160.png

Taken from: https://canada247.info/explore/onta...a/cooksville/glance-optical-905-232-4943.html

Existing Retail on the site includes a supermarket larger than the entire amount of retail in the proposal.

That seems off to me.

There's approx. 4700M2/50000ft2 of retail on the existing site (excludes the parking).

I think it would make sense to see that replaced in any new development; and it ought to preserve a supermarket as well.

Hurontario and Dundas is probably the worst / sketchiest area of Mississauga, perhaps outside of Malton. The proximity to the GO and the LRT make this a good spot for development. Maybe it will help improve the area's reputation a bit.

Hurontario and Dundas is probably the worst / sketchiest area of Mississauga, perhaps outside of Malton. The proximity to the GO and the LRT make this a good spot for development. Maybe it will help improve the area's reputation a bit.
My sister loves the pizza specifically from the Dundas and Hurontario location so weekly I risk my life. I don’t know if buying pizza there or buying blackberrys a decade ago out of car trunks off of Craigslist from Jane and finch was more dangerous!!

My sister loves the pizza specifically from the Dundas and Hurontario location so weekly I risk my life. I don’t know if buying pizza there or buying blackberrys a decade ago out of car trunks off of Craigslist from Jane and finch was more dangerous!!

You're almost incapable of posting without the corners of your lips rising......or your eyebrow arching.

It's taken me years to get used to it............🤣

Sketchy? Not really. It’s just where so many of the 1960s/1970s era strip malls are found in Mississauga, offering inexpensive rent to small businesses. It has found its niche, particularly in Middle Eastern and South Asian retail and restaurants. Along with the low rise and mid rise rental apartments, it is very similar to parts of North York and Scarborough in its built form.

There are specific buildings and complexes in Mississauga that yeah I’d say might be “sketchy.” But the entire Hurontario/Dundas area? No way.

Sketchy? Not really. It’s just where so many of the 1960s/1970s era strip malls are found in Mississauga, offering inexpensive rent to small businesses. It has found its niche, particularly in Middle Eastern and South Asian retail and restaurants. Along with the low rise and mid rise rental apartments, it is very similar to parts of North York and Scarborough in its built form.

There are specific buildings and complexes in Mississauga that yeah I’d say might be “sketchy.” But the entire Hurontario/Dundas area? No way.
When you’re comparing it to north York and Scarborough I assume you’re comparing it to Jane and finch and malverm not willowdale and the bluffs. Pew pew.

Kinda too bad it's this building that's getting demo'ed as it's the only one on Hurontario in the area that fronts the sidewalk.

We haven't seen the plans yet, but I would think there is a reasonable chance that this will front the sidewalks along Hurontario as well.

Let's wait and see what we're getting.

We haven't seen the plans yet, but I would think there is a reasonable chance that this will front the sidewalks along Hurontario as well.

Let's wait and see what we're getting.
It will be a hell lot better than what there now. Now they need to come up with a plan south of this site to Dundas and east on Dundas for a block. As far as I know, there is no heritage buildings in this area. The Bank may come close.

As I know of it, only one heritage building on Dundas E on the south side that was fire damage years ago to the point it not heritage anymore. All the heritage buildings are gone on Dundas E/W that I know of.

Development Application under Ward 7, "3085 Hurontario Street": https://www.mississauga.ca/services...applications/active-development-applications/

Architectural Plans: https://www.mississauga.ca/wp-conte...1847/W7_3085_Architectural_Plans_June2021.pdf
Urban Design Brief: https://www.mississauga.ca/wp-conte...12418/W7_3085_Urban_Design_Brief_July2021.pdf

img808.jpg

img10.jpg

img14.jpg

img15.jpg

img9.jpg

image-131.jpg

Elevations:

W7_3085_Architectural_Plans_June2021_pages-to-jpg-0023.jpg

W7_3085_Architectural_Plans_June2021_pages-to-jpg-0025.jpg

Site Plan:
W7_3085_Architectural_Plans_June2021_pages-to-jpg-0003.jpg

Phase 1 consists of the 9, 33, and 35 storey towers on the east side. Phase 2 consists of the 30 storey tower fronting Hurontario.

Last edited:

Back