I exercise my freedom of speech. As I said in my earlier post why not match existing I have never heard a reason why we can’t do that why go from existing 21 to 59 it seems ludicrous but hey that’s only my opinion. However my opinion is shared by numerous people that live in my area that will be impacted bottom line developer greed and greed by City Hall stay safe

Way to completely miss my point.

I fear that you may be in for a rough ride here, noob.

Proposed Development at 310 Frances is a joke. New Horizons is planning on building 3 towers, one will be 59 floors..why? Greed..why not build to match existing building heights, 21 Floors. Our Councillor Maria Pearson has very little time to hear or deal with the concerns of local residents that will be impacted by this development...during a public meeting at City Hall good old Pearson was very disrespectful to the residents when they voiced their concerns and too busy talking with the developers..wonder if her pockets are getting lined by New Horizons..would not surprise me..time to change the entire council at City Hall..Why can't New Horizons do the right thing and build to match existing
Just to be clear, the situation at 310 Frances is a result of that site not being zoned previously. There isn't much that the local Councilor or city planning officials can do about it other than appeal to the OLT and hope for the best outcome.

They could try to negotiate with New Horizons to reduce the height to something in the 40-storeys but that would still be too high from you and your neighbours' perspective I would imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if these did get built at their current height, there's a certain contemporary yet utterly generic look to them. Plain boxes stood on end, with a few superficial curves thrown in... meh. Bland and stodgy.

She is super corrupt, shes been breaking rules like crazy on new developments in stoney creek. She is for sure getting kickbacks. I'm in her ward, and she pulls alot of super shady, and outright illegal moves.
Perhaps you should file a police report.

🤣

She doesn't follow due process, she sends out mailers to the wrong neighborhoods, doesn't use the required signage, and pushes things through quietly without public input. On this specific development she failed to meet 2 of the 3 requirements, in order to rezone a neighborhood from townhomes to a 9 storey building. When she was caught, council thankfully voted to restart the process. She is also known to change public meetings dates and times, on short notice, and then pushes things through with nobody there to question them.

We are all for development. But we need to be involved in the process.

I will edit my initial post to be less attacky lol

I exercise my freedom of speech.
That's Freeze Peaches! to you...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/stoney-creek-1400-baseline-road-1.5908608
She doesn't follow due process, she sends out mailers to the wrong neighborhoods, doesn't use the required signage, and pushes things through quietly without public input. On this specific development she failed to meet 2 of the 3 requirements, in order to rezone a neighborhood from townhomes to a 9 storey building. When she was caught, council thankfully voted to restart the process. She is also known to change public meetings dates and times, on short notice, and then pushes things through with nobody there to question them.

We are all for development. But we need to be involved in the process.

I will edit my initial post to be less attacky lol
Thank you for clarifying that.

reduced to 38, 44 and 33 storeys.

A second redesign of three proposed skyscrapers near the lakeshore in Stoney Creek will cut their height, although the builder still wants relief from seven city zoning standards.

New Horizon Development Group unveiled the latest proposed site plan for the condominium towers at 310 Frances Ave. at an online open house that drew more than 200 registrants.

The revised plan calls for buildings of 38, 44 and 33 storeys, down from an original 48, 54 and 59 in December 2018.

The development still features a 5-storey parking garage that will also include some housing, but reduces the total number of condo units to 1,346 from an original 1,830.

Nearly 90 per cent would be one-bedroom units, with the rest being two bedrooms.

“We’ve been evolving our plans over the last three years and we are now in a position where we feel we have a very good site plan in play,” New Horizon managing director Jason Garland told the Nov. 18 session.

Well that's a shame. Was looking forward to having these buildings stand out from miles away.
At least lower it to 8 storeys not like 12 or more! I guess they have to keep to the hieght level's guide line of the escarpment even at that distance.

Well that's a shame. Was looking forward to having these buildings stand out from miles away.
This thing will still be huge. 44 storeys will still make it the tallest building in Hamilton and tallest in the GTHA west of Mississauga. The new 20-ish floor building just finishing up in Grimsby dominates the QEW and this will twice that height with two more large towers right beside it.

It's just not as completely ridiculous as it was before.

We might be even be able to still see it from our lake shore...

reduced to 38, 44 and 33 storeys.
Is there no way to stop these towers from being built...who approved such tall towers. We don't want anything like these proposed buildings in Stoney Creek. Makes me ill thinking about them. Another urban ruinination project.

Is there no way to stop these towers from being built...who approved such tall towers. We don't want anything like these proposed buildings in Stoney Creek. Makes me ill thinking about them. Another urban ruinination project.

What exactly is your objection to these towers? There are already tall apartment buildings in the area.

Back