Looking at the landscape plans, I'm not particularly keen on the the street edge treatment:

1642007226260.png

Concrete sidewalks up to the curb with decorative pavers apparently stopping at the property line.

Not cohesive.

Pick a sidewalk treatment and stick to it; in this case, pavers are particularly superior, if the right ones are chosen, to highlight the heritage feel.

Last edited:
City rarely allows non-standard sidewalk treatment for maintenance, hence everything *but* the sidewalk being unique here.

The City should get a swift kick on that; and maybe I'll give it a try.....

What should happen here, is that the City should agree to at-cost reimbursement for sidewalk maintenance with Allied and just have Allied maintain it to an agreed standard.

We'd get a better sidewalk, likely better maintained for the same or less $$

*alternatively, the City should work with Allied to pick a paving finish that's nice, and complimentary and already in the City's inventory, for ease of maintenance*

I would almost prefer it if the atrium wasn't enclosed and that people would access the elevators through 8 Pardee, the unassuming single story heritage structure on the east side. Then you could add retail facing the courtyard, maybe opening up a pedestrian pathway midway through 53 Fraser too. I'd also like to see the Liberty frontage used for retail/restaurant/cafe.

I know that the overall vacancy rate is fairly high but what is the rate for the Liberty Village sub market or for this style of building?

Back