Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
420 Lakeshore E.png

Located at Lakeshore Road East at Enola Drive, in Lakeview, Mississauga. Southwest corner at existing Beer Store. Designed by Turner Fleischer for Plazacorp/Stellarcorp.

Description from development map: "12-storey condominium apartment building containing 195 units with at grade non-residential uses"

Submission under Ward 1, 420 Lakeshore Road East:

Interesting that it is terraced toward the lake, and not on the street side to reduce shadowing. Toronto certainly places a lot of emphasis on not shadowing the other side of the street. Not so in Mississauga!

Interesting that it is terraced toward the lake, and not on the street side to reduce shadowing. Toronto certainly places a lot of emphasis on not shadowing the other side of the street. Not so in Mississauga!
Lakeshore is wide enough here that this probably falls within the 45 degree angular plane from the north side of the street. There are step-backs facing Lakeshore at the 7th and 12th storeys, mind you…

I missed the community meeting for this last night. Did anyone get updated specs/ renders?

I missed the community meeting for this last night. Did anyone get updated specs/ renders?
Sorry, but it was a laughable meeting and Hazel would had said "you did not do your homework" to the City planner. Never seen any of the planner in the past and it show how long it been that I been to a meeting. Same can be said for a few councilors that I was seeing for the first time and not impress with them.

We want 4-6 floors only, but would love to see townhouses................Give me a break.

One person house is only 20 feet from the building and has a right to bitch to a point, but Lakeshore is changing,

Council pass staff report 7-0, but already being appeal with no date at this time..

As for not being near a High Order Transit Stop, there will be no HOT for at least 20 years, but this project does/could help local transit when it's built.

The ward councilor made a remark regarding the local folks who currently drive through the Beer Store lot as well Metro illegally due to traffic and said what else new. Very common for locals city wide to cut through gas station or X to make a turn or to go to where they are going illegally.

The best I can see at this time, the building will be no less 9 floors + mech or 11 floor as plan.

No changes to any specs or rendering you may saw in the past.

doesn't mississauga have funding to build BRT lanes along here?
From my point of view, there is no need for an BRT at this time when you can't fill up a bus now.

The late ward councilor was trying to get service down to 10 minutes and it will still be empty, especially to the west. The east section has a better chance seeing higher ridership than the west over the next 20 years as it has more areas to be redevelop with higher density.

As for funding, the city is still looking for funds to design the BRT to 30% along with cost to go after full funding to build it and could be wrong since its on my back burner these days.

Back