8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

salvador

Member Bio
Reaction score
does anyone know what is going on with this building?

i found meeting minutes from the city of toronto with regards to the tenants fighting eviction, but i can't find anything else.

maybe i need to learn to use 'the google' for effectively.

What makes you think something is going on development wise? hoarding?

I can't find any permits or development applications

i ask because...

1. it's been empty for a couple years
2. i've seen workers inside
3. yellow, white, blue pages pile up near the front of the building

i've never seen any information or signage around the area (or even residents coming in/out). it always seemed odd that no one lives in such a nice building. i assumed something was going on (conversion, upgrading, etc) a couple years ago, and was in the area a while ago, only to see that it's in the same shape as before.

i drove by today, and noticed the windows on the south side have been boarded up from the inside.

Its still a mystery but there is something brewing and it ain't gonna be pretty. I happen to live almost across the street from this building and its rundown appearance is quite sad as the builder of this 1929 structure was Mr. Suydam, a local resident and a very well known builder. The park located across from these buildings is named in his honour.

Last I heard, its slated to be chopped up into dinky units, there is absolutely no parking available hence the probable outcome.

I just walked past this building, first time, and I saw a sign saying it's been sold. Does anybody know what they're doing with it?

Bldg. sold conditionally for 3.8 million. I was told that there was a tenant buyout fee of $600,000 in order to get rid of the tenants who used to live there. There is no parking and that limits the uses for the building as far as conversions go.

It looks like it could be an attractive walk-up apartment building if restored. Hopefully, it'll be restored with windows similar to those which it had originally (probably with sashes), a new cornice similar to the original, better balcony railings, and landscaping. We don't have too many of these elegant low- and mid-rise apartment buildings from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Yeah, I hope they restore it. I could easily see myself living there, it's a really lovely building.

Last edited:
We'll just have to see. One thing for sure, he won't get away with much in this hood. Those towns to the north are owned by very influential people, very concerned homeowners up and down Coulson and not even to mention the bad feelings that the negotiations have created with the auto body shop owner Eddie.

This is in the heart of Forest Hill Village

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5P 2W6

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 13 132212 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Mar 13, 2013

Project: Apartment Building Addition

Description: Proposal to convert existing 3 storey, 17 unit apartment building to a 32 unit apartment building with no parking. There will be a 3 storey infill addition at the rear of the building.

Capture467a.JPG

Back