I'm hoping that "the board is very weary of this" was a typo and that Roy G Biv meant to say, "very wary" or "leery." In any case, we should all be wary/ leery who works for us ie. the property manager. I remember Athena who worked in that office originally and left because she could not handle working with Roseanne. It was too stressful for her. For that reason I commend Beth for her high stress threshold.

In our first condo (Opera Place phase 1, 887 Bay) we had a tyrant of a Property Manager who wasn't friendly, but never rude either. She ran the place and the staff like the military, nothing got by her. We disliked her because we wanted someone friendly and more approachable. In our next place we had an easy going Property Manager who loved to chat with residents but we came to learn that she didn't do much work and wasn't on top of things that were going on in a new condo. The Board tried to work with her but eventually had to cancel their contract and hire a new Property Management firm, they couldn't get her to keep on top of the most basic things like cleaning and maintenance let alone problems around the building as they arose.
Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for! The tyrant at our first place had every corner of the building shining, clean and everything properly maintained.

Regarding Tarion: the letter accompanying the survey said that the end client was Tarion. Perhaps it is clear to you that Tarion would not receive our surveys directly, but it certainly was not clear to all of us. I do note your statement "report will be reviewed by the board, and submitted to Tarion." Again, what guarantee do we have that Tarion will receive the full report and documents? The builder and the property manager are not to be trusted, as evidenced by their previous and current inappropriate and unethical behaviour.

Blindgate was an attempted money-grab by the builder, and it didn't work out for them. Every condo builder is the same. They all try things and they are all greedy. Personally, Context tried worse things at Radio City. Owners all over the city have the same stories. From what I understand, the board has directly engaged the developer and their own lawyer over the two major issues since turnover: the lacking 5th floor terrace and leaky HVACs. Property management handles day-to-day stuff, and cannot sign any cheques without board member approval. What I am trying to say is that there is built-in accountability and monitoring.

I don't really understand the belief that we are exposing ourselves to any more potential antics on their part. If you believe we are exposing ourselves by employing a property management firm that is associated with the builder, that is fair. However, without actual proof of unethical practices by property management, we would be irrational to act, would we not? The board has no incentive (other than 1st year stability) to employ this firm if they are not doing a satisfactory job.

What unethical behaviour are you referring to when you reference the property manager? Did you address a letter to the board regarding said behaviour? I agree with you that owners should speak up if they feel slighted.

As far as the Performance Audit, I believe it will be submitted BY the engineering firm, with Tarion, the condo corp, and Times Group as recipients. There is no need to worry about anything getting lost in the mail.

I recently submitted the following issues on my questionnaire:
- Entrance stairs on Sherbourne St. (they pool water and snow)
- Rusty mailboxes on "town-home" units
- A chip in paint behind the glass in one of the elevators (must be a defect)
- Some issues on the exterior cladding of the building surrounding my unit (observed from my balconies)

Last edited:
- Rusty mailboxes on "town-home" units

OMFG!!! YES Thank-you!!! The survey didn't really allow you to comment on anything extra that they didn't ask...so I couldn't put that HUGE sore spot in front of my place on it. That or I may have forgotten about it...*shifts eyes*...ooops!! =P...

I think I'm just so use to it now...but the thing is getting more and more rusty...I guess at least it still opens/closes. Just as a warning...people may want to consider getting a tetanus shot if you're going to inspect/touch the mailbox...LOL...=P...

THANKS AGAIN ROY!!! =D

-BChan

cleaning

Does anyone else hate the smell of the cleaning products that are being used, not sure if its the carpet cleaning, but some days it smells like a public toilet in the lobby, a clean one, but overpowering toilet fresh.

Is anyone else having problems getting email replies from property management? I have been trying to contact Roseanne for a week now about purchasing extra fobs and renting a parking space. Unfortunately all three of my emails including one directed to Harold S. Cipin the president of Times Property Management Inc have all been unresponsive.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's who you contact right if you need information regarding extra fobs and renting a parking space?

Hi Miketr,

If you want anything to get done, you need to march into the property management office in person. That's what I would do. I'm surprised Harold Cipin didn't respond to you. He's usually good. Maybe they're bogged down with e-mails.

AKoko.

Can anybody recommend a good cleaning person who irons. Some friends from Madrid and Norway just moved in to Verve and need someone. Thanks

Hi Miketr,

If you want anything to get done, you need to march into the property management office in person. That's what I would do. I'm surprised Harold Cipin didn't respond to you. He's usually good. Maybe they're bogged down with e-mails.

AKoko.

Or contact:
Beth Parton(beth@timesgroupcorp.com) she's much nicer than Roseanne

is anyone else experiencing bouncing in certain areas of their laminate flooring? the flooring guy said its due to humidity levels (we"ve been cranking our AC, so i think he's full of it), he said to get a few dehumidifiers. has anyone else used these to get rid of the bouncing in the floors?

is anyone else experiencing bouncing in certain areas of their laminate flooring? the flooring guy said its due to humidity levels (we"ve been cranking our AC, so i think he's full of it), he said to get a few dehumidifiers. has anyone else used these to get rid of the bouncing in the floors?

we don't have bouncing, just a cracking noise when we walk on it. also told was humidity and we have had our AC on all the time !! maybe thats why our last hydro bill is $140!! anyone else have high hydro bills? we are in a one bed plus den.

we don't have bouncing, just a cracking noise when we walk on it. also told was humidity and we have had our AC on all the time !! maybe thats why our last hydro bill is $140!! anyone else have high hydro bills? we are in a one bed plus den.

holy shit people ...
i live in a 1500 sq ft SFH 3 bed + den with 2-3 people with someone always home and my hydro is $140-150/m.

definitely have them check to make sure that they connected the meter to the proper unit !

Last year my hydro bill was high in the $130 range. I have now dropped it to $30-50. I always turn off the A/C when I leave home. Don't let it work uselessly when you're not there. Do your laundry and turn on your dishwasher after 9pm now since that's the cheapest time of hydro use. Summertime is after 7pm. I saw a difference immediately in my hydro bill by doing this.

who should I contact? management? one of us is always home, and we have AC on all time at mo, (doesn't seem to help the flooring problem) and 2 computers always on, we try and do laundry in evening and dishwasher. but talking to other condo owners still seems a little high.

Back