News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Mademoiselle Raw Bar and Grill will be opening here, operated by the same team behind MARBL just east of here at 455 King West:

Raw Bar and Grill? For Raw Foodies who prefer it Medium-Raw?

The facade renovation is rather half-baked...

20220510_152802.jpg

I saw the interior of this place posted on Instagram when they had an influencer launch party... very odd decor choices. Most of the lighting is LED which really belongs in a nightclub, not a restaurant, and they have these massive blue glam chandeliers that look right out of 2009. They also kept some strip club things like mirrored columns, club lights that cast colourful lights across the space, and the clubs massive steel entry doors. The art on the walls is Walmart quality. Oh and there are table cloths.
-unimpressed interior decorator

Not a lot of money left over after rent was due...
Having had some glimpses of the interior - perhaps the comment might be reworded: Not a lot of money left over after what looks like to be a small fortune spent on the interior renovations....

It's a very nice transformation from what it was before. It’s too bad they couldn’t add some windows along the street front to bring natural light into the restaurant (it's probably why the interior is blasted with LED lights) and also to display some life to the exterior. Despite the new paint job to the exterior, it does still look a bit sketchy with the lack of windows along the street — I was worried that this may be one of those obnoxious nightclubs masquerading as a legitimate restaurant.
The third floor should have been painted as well. In black to make the cheap rental apartments less noticable.

The Taste Toronto article mis-used the definition of Wabi-Sabi, which is the beauty of the imperfect.

I like in the other article which says, for vegetarians there are fries and a salad, lol! (while their carnivore friends are gorging on a seafood tower, sushi, grilled lamb, wagu beef, lobster spaghetti, etc...). 😕🙄

Last edited:
I wonder if @ProjectEnd has any insight to as to why Aird & Berlis are still lobbying on this one, under the category 'Planning and Development Application'.

You were knowledgeable as to this property before (as you are with so many); looks like the underlying client hasn't changed.

But what's to lobby when the property has been leased up?

Last edited:
I don't have any inside baseball on why they'd still be lobbying for this. It's not a redevelopment play, unless significantly more land is added and then, you've got to deal with the HCD. It wouldn't be a site in which I'd be looking to invest...

Back