innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
5 storey heritage restoration and addition on the south side of Gore Park. Currently under construction:

86TSNN7_d.jpg

P7H12Uj_d.jpg

ACtC-3cMiKa3rCuTop4q6XCNEWXnk1egGEsNDYenwJC-pHEb-UrmUNRGvQEvltFsSlhT8cP35AortRcweZP6fGJmQqw7rviMpEwQmgoOM16BncnAiSNcUZiKbmt7yqb-t1tSZDuRNZ7Sw3eueYU3YpM6yKHB=w1142-h759-no

gonna be nice to not have that fencing and cars parked there all the time!
This area is slightly treacherous right now. It should be a shared space, but vehicle drivers think they own every space not fully meant for people, and sometimes they even think they own those too. I've had a few instances here where drivers were up my ass while I tried to walk around the construction that takes up the entire "sidewalk".

I also don't see for lease signs in the upper floors, does this mean they've found tenants for the office space? If so that's good news.

I also can't remember are they fixing up the red brick building on the right too? It's not in the renders or address, but that building had scaffolding on it, and has been cleaned and seems to also be worked on around the same time?

the red brick building is being renovated under a separate project, I believe.

I've never had problems with cars along here personally, but I generally am respectful and step out of the way of vehicles the best I can. Vehicle traffic on this stretch is extremely low anyway.

This area is slightly treacherous right now. It should be a shared space, but vehicle drivers think they own every space not fully meant for people, and sometimes they even think they own those too. I've had a few instances here where drivers were up my ass while I tried to walk around the construction that takes up the entire "sidewalk".
I'm honestly not sure why the city allows cars in there, aside from deliveries. 90% its car free and 10% of the time there is some jerk using it to bypass King. and they're driving 2x what they should.

Loving the interior - although I feel those walls on the top floor could have been evened out a bit better instead of just painted over white with the patchy application over the brick - either strip it down to brick or cover up the brick entirely I say.

Love the skylight though :)

It's crazy to think almost the entire south side of gore park hasn't been useable for a decade or 2 now..

Also I have started to equate that black vinyl siding to "this is what we use to cover up the wtfery underneath" - kinda wish they hadn't cheaped out with that, although I get they probably assumed signage would go there eventually. Just feels a bit cheap to vinyl an old building like that.

Wish they'd put the shutters back on the middle building, looks kinda bare without them.. that building used to have pediments above the windows too, like the building across from it.. those are long gone..

Last edited:
Loving the interior - although I feel those walls on the top floor could have been evened out a bit better instead of just painted over white with the patchy application over the brick - either strip it down to brick or cover up the brick entirely I say.

Love the skylight though :)

It's crazy to think almost the entire south side of gore park hasn't been useable for a decade or 2 now..

Also I have started to equate that black vinyl siding to "this is what we use to cover up the wtfery underneath" - kinda wish they hadn't cheaped out with that, although I get they probably assumed signage would go there eventually. Just feels a bit cheap to vinyl an old building like that.

Wish they'd put the shutters back on the middle building, looks kinda bare without them.. that building used to have pediments above the windows too, like the building across from it.. those are long gone..
I don't believe it's vinyl, I believe it's powder-coated metal panels which definitely looks a step up from vinyl panels.

Back