News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Dollarama within remains operational, but otherwise it appears like ongoing renovation work has begun:

20220307_103539.jpg
20220307_103615.jpg
20220307_103636.jpg

Permit last fall for a 'new' Dollarama, is that what's open now, or this one being re-lo'ed?

1646688372740.png

Signage Permit as well:

1646688410927.png

Permit last fall for a 'new' Dollarama, is that what's open now, or this one being re-lo'ed?

View attachment 383902

Signage Permit as well:

View attachment 383903
I noticed the other day most of the spaces along the south frontage of the building are empty and there's clearly renovation work going on in that space, so it's possible Dollarama is relocating into that space. The current store is... not great in terms of layout.

I would love little restaurant patios here or seating of any kind really. A water feature encircled by seating.
Also some rooftop restaurants/patios, there could be 2 of them.

Doesn't everyone just casually spend millions of dollars to replace functional if ugly buildings? /s

Well........it is Toronto...........so that's not exactly uncommon, LOL

However......

My god. Please enlighten us: why do "you think" 'they' would do that?

It occurs to me that @cd concept may not be aware that this building is owned by the University of Toronto.

Whose motives in owning here don't include a flip.......

And whose purposes would likely be ill-served by a replacement building, even at twice the height.

Last edited:
In related news the University is listing 4 retail availabilities as of August this year in this building.

Anyone seen any chatter on this site?

I walk past it pretty regularly, and have seen zero new work being done in weeks or even months now. As well, work that was done appears to be falling apart and is unfinished in many places. The building is looking like a bit of a mess and I was wondering if the contractor got fired mid- project. I'll have to remember to take some pictures the next time I walk by.

Ugh, that part of Yonge St looks like some parts of Havana, but instead of decrepit and abandoned 19th century buildings, we have decrepit and abandoned (Scientology, etc) 1960s buildings.

Pearl Harbourfront, a restaurant known for their Dim Sum at the Queens Quay Terminal building, are opening their new location at 730 Yonge Street:

Pearl Harbourfront, a restaurant known for their Dim Sum at the Queens Quay Terminal building, are opening their new location at 730 Yonge Street:

Good to see BlogTO catching up to Urban Toronto; that was reported here, just over 2 months ago, by @onthestreet !

Back