8.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.6K     0 

greenleaf

Member Bio
Reaction score
This parking lot is listed in a recent Toronto Parking Authority Real Estate Strategy report as a “potential new opportunity” in their development portfolio.

Sounds like potential to build social housing on this site and have an underground public parking lot. Every single TPA surface lot should do this, so I am glad to see it happen.

I remember several years ago when I was a more avid goer, this location was often used for Nuit Blanche exhibits.

Anyways, according to Parkopedia this lot at 87 Richmond St E is shown as "This parking space listing is no longer active". I haven't passed by there to verify if they've closed it off though.

I'd like to see something in the 25-30 storeys range here.

Last edited:
I remember several years ago when I was a more avid goer, this location was often used for Nuit Blanche exhibits.

Anyways, according to Parkopedia this lot at 87 Richmond St E is shown as "This parking space listing is no longer active". I haven't passed by there to verify if they've closed it off though.

I'd like to see something in the 25-30 storeys range here.

Green P's website shows it as active.

Carpark 219

Looks like this:

87RichmondStEGSVS.jpg

Thanks, Google Street View

It’s still open.

I believe this is the most expensive lot/garage in the Green P system for parking.
Your belief is incorrect. It is one of the cheaper lots run by TPA in downtown:

Car Park 219

$2.50/half hour

Monday – Sunday & Holidays

Day Maximum (7am – 6pm): NO MAXIMUM

Night Maximum (6pm – 7am): $5.00

A quick check of TPA website shows several at $4 or $3.50 per half hour

Ahh, I had this confused with the TPA headquarters garage by St. Mikes, which IIRC has a daily rate of $28.

Yea, this one isn't as expensive and has an extremely inefficient layout. Definitely a primo spot for redevelopment.

Some sort of assembly would have to happen to make it viable. Fred Victor to the south and Allied to the east could make that difficult...

Back