News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

28 parking spots for 12 units?

They should be called Garden Parking Lot Homes, not Garden Park Homes.

28 parking spots for 12 units?

They should be called Garden Parking Lot Homes, not Garden Park Homes.

I thought that was a bit overkill as well. Keep in mind, that this stretch of Lakeshore Road does not have street parking and it's a live/work development, so some of the 1st floor units will have retail/commercial.

Much better than anything existing in the area.

This is the land it's being constructed on: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=43.574225,-79.562023&spn=0.001102,0.002167&t=k&z=19

That stretch of Lakeshore will be an interesting place to watch over the next few years as it comes back to life more and more every year. The construction has been pretty quick (it seems like they just sprung up), but I guess the lack of a basement helps. I hope that they end up being live/work units considering that a good number of developments that tried to be have failed.

Parking will be a problem as well this building needs to be higher by 3 floors.

This can be an Avenue if plan correctly.

Cawthra Area has been a problem since I first bought the house Jack built up on Atwater and since moved on. There is still a large hole at the intersection of Atwater and Cawthra today. A lot has to do with NIMBY as well a few other spots.

Seriously, on a large main street with an LRT inevitable in its future, this proposal should be at least 4-5 storeys.

I agree, it should be taller. The city needs to plan development along major arterials properly.

While some height would be nice, that entire north side contains a good number of abandoned buildings and about 1/5 of all stores are currently empty at the moment. The fact that anything is being built between Cawthra and Long Branch is amazing in its own right. It's also not a huge "people place" since the entire south side facing of Lakeshore is full of warehouse-stores, and south of that is light industrial. Once the potential power plant dies for good, and the Arsenal Land Park opens, then we'll see much better developments going up here. The area is waiting for some good stuff to start coming through the pipeline but I'd expect midrise buildings on the northside of Lakeshore, and high-rises to be conectrated on the south side in order to balance with the NIMBYs.

Wow phunky you're still around?
I yam, I yam.
The area is waiting for some good stuff to start coming through the pipeline but I'd expect midrise buildings on the northside of Lakeshore, and high-rises to be conectrated on the south side in order to balance with the NIMBYs.
Not if Hazel can help it! I remember her saying she vowed to absolutely not let condos go anywhere near the area where the power plant once was.

Back