News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

H

hkskyline

More photos in my updated New York gallery at :
www.geocities.com/asiaglobe/gallery/newyork.htm

The Big Apple is an amazing city. While I have been to New York many times before, there are always new neighborhoods to explore, and new places to visit. The weather was mixed. There were two rainy days, which I didn't mind because I was busy doing my Boxing Day shopping. The most important day was absolutely clear, much to my delight.

1. Top of the Rock is the new observation deck at the top of the GE Building :

IMG_4416.jpg

2. What a beautiful sunset.

IMG_4420.jpg

3. Getting dark ...

IMG_4278.jpg

4. Central Park is a little closer from here than from the Empire State.

IMG_4275.jpg

5. Surreal

IMG_4374.jpg

6. After the sunset, I went to Times Square to see how neon this intersection gets at night. I've been here numerous times during the daytime before, but never at night. I made a stupid move though. I should've walked there from Rockefeller Center rather than subway and transfer once.

IMG_4437.jpg

7. You gotta love that Nasdaq MarketSite :

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4455.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4458.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

18. King Kong has returned!

IMG_4490.jpg

19. It was pouring on Christmas night, so I didn't do much other than visit Ground Zero to get soaked.

NYC-DEC25-010.jpg

NYC-DEC25-023.jpg

21. A few other folks were also there to get soaked, too.

NYC-DEC25-064.jpg

22. The PATH station is quite spacious. Good design!

NYC-DEC25-088.jpg

NYC-DEC25-080.jpg

I walked around a lot during the day, of course. Coming up on the next part ... a walking tour of Manhattan :

IMG_4181.jpg

thanks for the nice pics. what a great city...always love going there.

thx for wonderful pics of a city that's still numero uno in my books..

Nice tour. I was hoping you would have included some pics of Christmas decorations since NYC does such a great job with those.

You took some great shots. New York looks very surreal indeed!

I did take pictures of Christmas trees at Rockefeller, Bowling Green, and the NYSE. That'll be in the next part. :)

Gotta love NY.

My father flew up from sunny LA to brave the NY cold (it was actually mild there this past week) to spend Christmas. His lifelong dream was to go skating at Rockefeller on Christmas day...unfortunately it was too packed with people to even stand on the ice! :lol

Instead they paid $24 US to go skating somewhere in Central Park. $24 for two people to go skating!!!

He also visited a friend of his who pays $8000 US per month for an apartment on the upper west side! Actually, the Canadian government is paying $7000 and he puts in the extra $1000. Must be nice working for the Canadian Embassy.

Hey, it costs $18 for 2 adults to rent skates at Nathan Phillips Square.

Bryant park is only going to be free for this year. Also, that $24 US was just for the ice - no skate rental. They brought their own skates.

Bryant Park charges $7 for its skates. I highly recommend it. I can think of no better place on this continent to skate.

I take NYC for granted living just 40 miles away sometimes. New York,NY is an incredible town!!! LI MIKE

Back