Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Condo development slated for the empty plot of land just south of the bottom of Nose Hill Drive.

1655735614270.png
1655735596014.png

Capture.PNG

previous design

MAIN-BUILDING-2.jpgMAIN-BUILDING.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, but yeah it certainly isn’t anywhere remotely near something that could be considered especially urban.

I am not sure if this one is getting a redesign, or maybe the image on the first post is still current. The marketing website now contais the notes "Added Value Improvement and Building Redesign" and "Sales Centre is Temporarily Closed for Redevelopment Plans". When you go to Genco's website, this is the project and images that are shown for this location:
1655735596014.png

1655735614270.png

It's always funny to me when buildings want to be square but roads want to be curvy and no one blinks. Everyone involves just shrugs, and fills in the gaps with random amounts of green space and moves on to the next development. To be fair there's a big grade there it will be nicer to look at lawns and trees instead of the curvy road that caused this issue in the first place, but ultimately it's an entirely unusable space that comes with permanent maintenance cost.

It's as if land has no value and future operating obligations are meaningless in informing design. Green buffers everywhere.

Glad a fire truck can turn around at the "main entrance in that oversized cul-de-sac though!

1655827374391.png

Back