What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The reason why the concrete was poured now is b/c the building will be completed in the winter. This avoids heating/hoarding which can be costly.

The majority of the concrete falls within the City's road ROW. That's why there are no trees.

Most street trees are planted in City ROWs so it's odd that they wouldn't plan on having any planted here.

24B17C5C-95EE-4A67-BE45-7003B5BCD125.jpeg
85077E49-6ADB-4EE6-88E6-1F335A01ED6A.jpeg

And for those who seem to like to 'sh!t' on surface parking. This building has an 'enclosed' surface parking lot with active commercial spaces wrapping around it. Absolutely zero negative impact on the public realm.
Chris, this is the kind of thing I'd love to see more.
I'd kill to have Manchester Square have the surface lot in the back, surrounded by the commercial spaces fronting the street directly.

Chris, this is the kind of thing I'd love to see more.
I'd kill to have Manchester Square have the surface lot in the back, surrounded by the commercial spaces fronting the street directly.
Seriously, there is a lot of pretty ugly strip malls around town that would be much more tolerable if they were built like this and were set against the sidewalk. Sure it's not more dense per-se with the parking in the back but at least it pretends to be more pedestrian friendly.

Seriously, there is a lot of pretty ugly strip malls around town that would be much more tolerable if they were built like this and were set against the sidewalk. Sure it's not more dense per-se with the parking in the back but at least it pretends to be more pedestrian friendly.
The problem is that developments that try to do that will have entrances on both sides of the building, and the tenants will invariably lock the street facing entrance in favour of the parking lot “back” entrance.

Back