9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

all pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

HPIM6550.jpg

HPIM6553.jpg

is this building part of the project?...next door, renovated...

HPIM6551.jpg

HPIM6554.jpg

is this building part of the project

No, that's 74 Spadina Road, which actually dates back to the 1950s. It has been converted from co-op to condo, within the past few years. The conversion was a bit of a horror story, but that's for a different thread. It has nothing to do with the new construction.

thx, Observer Walt....I guess I'll leave the pic in for now....

No, that's 74 Spadina Road, which actually dates back to the 1950s. It has been converted from co-op to condo, within the past few years. The conversion was a bit of a horror story, but that's for a different thread. It has nothing to do with the new construction.

Yeah, I found that conversion disconcertingly drastic when I first came about it--though perhaps, it's a kind of overwrought aesthetic model for what might be forthcoming should Mayor Miller's Tower Renewal Project come to pass...

Yeah, I found that conversion disconcertingly drastic when I first came about it--though perhaps, it's a kind of overwrought aesthetic model for what might be forthcoming should Mayor Miller's Tower Renewal Project come to pass...

I agree. Projects like this one point towards this city's future concerning how 'towers-in-a-park' sites can be intensified to better meet the street.

Love the density and scale but the lack of streetscaping, trees, boulevards etc. is a shame. It's like a cake with no icing or a tree with no decoration or, well you get the picture.

all pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

HPIM6553.jpg

Well let's hope there's some retail at least since there isn't any on this stretch of Spadina and it could definitely use some.

This isn't a particularly busy stretch of street. I'd like to see it reduced to one lane in each direction with a centre turn lane. They would then have room to make the sidewalks wider and put in some serious trees.

Annex Terraces

This project is new to me and was a pleasant surprise. I guess Spadina Road is turning out to be the posterchild for both the Main Streets and Tower Block Revitalization programmes.

Thanks to JasonZ on SSC:

HPIM6553.jpg

Someone spraypainted "nice view" on the top floor. They're rentals... that's interesting. You don't see new buildings built as rentals very often.

The city should insist on ground floor retail for all buildings on major streets, in the central core.

Back