News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Prime is gradually getting it together for content. Aside from the bigger draws like Grand Tour (if you can get past Jeremy Clarkson's general awfulness) they have some pretty decent movies. Apollo 11 with all that restored footage is a must-see, and they also have plenty of newly-added 90s blockbusters that are great time killers for these 40+ degree days.

Yeah Apollo 11 is mightily impressive - it's almost surreal seeing high-def clips of the prep/launch when we're used to replays of the low-def TV broadcasts at the time. And the colour!

(It's a shame NASA lost the original digital recording of the Apollo 11 moon landing)

AoD

Yeah Apollo 11 is mightily impressive - it's almost surreal seeing high-def clips of the prep/launch when we're used to replays of the low-def TV broadcasts at the time. And the colour!

(It's a shame NASA lost the original digital recording of the Apollo 11 moon landing)

AoD

Maybe they should check Stanley Kubrick's archives.

AoD
Looks much better now than half a century earlier when it happened

Dont pay for news

I just read the CBC

Rest of Canadian media is rather trashy

Sun is like for morons
National Post is for far-right people
Toronto Star is for the woke twitter crowd.
Globe and Mail is very pro-establishment.

Dont pay for news

I just read the CBC

Rest of Canadian media is rather trashy

Sun is like for morons
National Post is for far-right people
Toronto Star is for the woke twitter crowd.
Globe and Mail is very pro-establishment.

I'm not going to say I disagree with your assesments but I am going to say that the CBC can also be thrown in with the woke twitter crowd. I've almost given up on the thing. Sorry.....they've given up on the thing. Which is too bad because they have some fine journos and it could be and should be so much better.

I get most of my news from DW now...and CT24. Which is useless for when I want to know what's happening at city hall. ;)

I'm not going to say I disagree with your assesments but I am going to say that the CBC can also be thrown in with the woke twitter crowd. I've almost given up on the thing. Sorry.....they've given up on the thing. Which is too bad because they have some fine journos and it could be and should be so much better.

I get most of my news from DW now...and CT24. Which is useless for when I want to know what's happening at city hall. ;)

CBC is at least getting in some hard stories lately after a very long and unfortunate period of "lost luggage outrage of the day" and "I can't believe my internet bill!" stories paraded on the site which always had a paragraph of something like "I guess they did explain this all to me, and I should have known better, but it's still everyone else's fault but mine!"

I'll give them another go then. I've been clinging to them since the age of like 6 or whatever and only in the last two or so years have started to get the ol' eyes glazing over thing happening to me.

Back