Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
A 15 storey infill ("Building C") near Dundas Street West, 2 blocks west from Confederation Parkway in Mississauga. The new building would be situated on an existing parking lot. ~47m tall.

Building in orange:
1605345066152.png

Renders:
Rendering - Main Entrance - August 2020-1.jpg
Rendering - East - August 2020-1.jpg

Rendering - North and West - August 2020-1.jpg

Rendering - Street View - August 2020-1.jpg

Application documents under Ward 7, 2570 - 2590 Argyle Road: https://www.mississauga.ca/services...applications/active-development-applications/

Here's a video of Norilsk:

The view of town at 3:13 is what I mean by referencing Norilsk. I know they are stuck with the two existing buildings (from the 60s or 70s I presume) at this Cooksville site, but there's no serious attempt here to improve the site as a whole, just pretty much intensify what's already bad about it. So much surface parking, simply being redistributed around the site, while the new building puts its cars into a four-storey above-ground garage, the west wall of which single family homes will have to face. The new building blocks off views and light through the site, whereas two buildings, one each to the west of the existing buildings, would preserve light and the view.

Last edited:

Back