News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

A fusion of art deco and modernist architecture that's definitely outside the glass box which definitely makes it work for me. The town homes, meh, not so much. By the way, I really like the photo Solaris. Good work!

Last edited:
I love it, looks like it was built in the 30's... Much better realization of modern Art Deco than Uptown.
This one shows actual attention to detail, whereas Uptown does not at all.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the terraces work better if they were facing south into the sun and lake instead of the Gardiner?

Yup, the terraces would work better the other way round, but since you already have no trouble selling the south side units, you add the terraces to help sell the north side ones. I also wonder if possibly the City asked specifically for the point tower on the corner at Lake Shore?

My favourite condos on the waterfront, and as many have mentioned, a welcome break from the green glass "wall". Not quite so enthused about the townhouse elements, but they will look better once this area is thriving, and the trees are grown.

I like this building. I dislike the area, though I think it'll be better once some more services go in and it feels a bit more neighbourhood-y. Right now, I always feel very isolated when I'm down there.

I agree with everyone's comments ... I'm personally a huge fan of the architectural design of WHC 1 :D

I love it. It looks as if a developer took an art deco building from the 1930's and modernized it. Great setbacks, if that's what you call them.

VERY well done. The tower could use a better street presence but the mid-rise portion's use of townhouses to address the street is excellent. The tower's detail and choice of materials is great and a nice departure from the typical glass curtain wall. The building's short side faces the water to preserve views to the water from the North, avoiding the "condo curtain" to the East that was developed between the mid-80's and mid-90's. The stepback of the tower is excellent, providing a nice scale for the street.

Back