News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Love the new design, except for the part facing Queen's Quay. That part could use some re-working. Maybe wrap around balconies from the sides instead?
The people who get to live alongside the park will be lucky to have that view with those awesome fountains.

Kristopher- bang on... Huge improvement on the old design but the blunt edge facing Queen's Quay still smacks of 80s Safdie PoMo.... I am now excited about this building, however.

Liked the original design and love the new one. I just hope they get this neighbourhood right and plant a shitload of trees.

I like this alot. Apparently this project involves raising the entire area and making in float in the sky above downtown's west end, judging by the first render.

Yes, I agree that the south facing facing QQ is horrible. The rest I like very much, interesting balconies. Cant wait to see this whole area develop. Also those fountains are amazing.

oh, I like it all... that entryway is extremely unique for this city, gives it a bit of an exotic flair of Mayan or Persian influence. I find I prefer buildings that make a fuss about their entrances rather than ones that have a rather anonymous entrance. The perpendicular balconies are anpother unique element and even though our instinct makes us feel that they appear more dangerous, in reality that is just an illusion. The massing is excellent and the detailing is nicely variable, rather than purely repetetive as with so many of the bland designs we have been getting. All the different setback and levels make this quite attractive for me... I'll bet this address will be in high demand once it gets to sales.

Those balconies are pretty eye catching. And although I'm sure they're safe I'm not sure I'd want to live in a condo with one oriented that way. Doesn't seem like they'd be very functional for having multiple people on them.

Also I rather like the south face. That atrium will be huge and I'm sure it will be quite impressive in person, even more so from inside.

I can't believe that on the third image, they are using and old photomontage of a view from the CN tower looking north. You can see the old design of 1 Bloor St. and farther north the 2 quantum towers of Yonge & Eg. It's not even the right perpective since this waterfront development is way to the east of Yonge.! Shame on the people that did the rendering!

Won't there be a huge lack of privacy with the cantilevers sticking out like that? You would be able to view right into someones elses home.

That's what curtains and blinds are for. For those moments when you want privacy.

Back