News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Whole Foods sure does get crazy crowded around the entrance and cash register areas so this expansion is good news. However the always uninviting courtyard still appears uninviting in these renderings. Hard surfaces, fashion shows etc. It always feels like somebody will ask you to move along if you sit to read or relax. Bring back the skating rink.

Whole Foods sure does get crazy crowded around the entrance and cash register areas so this expansion is good news. However the always uninviting courtyard still appears uninviting in these renderings. Hard surfaces, fashion shows etc. It always feels like somebody will ask you to move along if you sit to read or relax. Bring back the skating rink.

That's exactly how I feel when ever I pass through there... very true!

Does this mean the staircase just west of the courtyard is being removed? That would be smart - it creates a real dead zone. (Not that Hazelton Lanes, aside from Whole Foods, couldn't be described as one large dead zone...)

I hope this revamp brings more people to this end of the mall.

Otherwise, its Toronto's best kept secret as malls go.

I've never cared for Hazelton Lanes. None of the shoppes appeal to me and the layout is awkward. The courtyard is (as mentioned above) uninviting and intimidating and the above design makes it even more so — and cluttered. It looks like a place where the extra furniture from condo showrooms go. It really is amazing how they could've screwed this up. The needn't have tried so hard to make it 'modern' and 'sleek' and 'urban chic'. It looks boxy and very mishmashed.

I would not describe this makeover as exciting, looks like a new handrail and a bunch of plopped random furniture

true

Hazelton Lanes is horrible. It should be torn down.

It does channel a lot of the low points of 1970's architecture - no relation to the street, confusing and almost hidden entrances, interior darkness, corridors going off at odd angles...The whole complex is devoid of energy or interest. I agree it should be torn down.

Pic taken June 25, 2011

mk8JW.jpg

I love Hazelton Lanes. On the contrary, I think it totally captures Ontario 70s architecture, with the brown brick and the round porthole windows. It just seems so quintessentially Toronto. It's also got a really interesting layout with the alleyways and courtyards. It's a shame that all the high-end mallness has shifted up to Bayview Village.

Back