News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Yep, most likely in 25 years that YMCA building will be history with the Y incorporated into the podium of a couple 75 storey towers.:rolleyes:

I just want to see the design! A setback may help keep the vibrancy of Yonge. Either way, this strip needed something done so this is a good news story regardless!
..I just hope the ppl living here don't plan on using the Yonge Line during rush hour :s

Nice light glass gives the impression of being transparent.. and I love the red trim.

"Vibrant strip"

True story - last week I was walking up Yonge just north of the proposed site, and I had to call 911 for a man who was lying on the sidewalk and removing his pants. Which I guess is a "vibrant strip" though maybe not the kind the person who wrote the intro had in mind.

I can't wait to see the design for the podium and the towers (whatever height they end up at). It's good to see Yonge street getting some love, ideally there will be a mix of small and much needed larger modern retail spaces in the downtown blocks in the coming years.

It’s tough to see them get permission for 2x58s. But not tough at all for 2x48s.

If thery're well designed and intersect well with the street, these will be welcome additions to Yonge.

This is way too damn tall for this area. Hopefully they don't cheap out on the building materials if this goes through. :mad:

I'm one of the ones who thinks it will take away from the character of Yonge St.. especially that stretch of it.

We'll see when it is done though, it all depends on how they treat the street level.

The taller the better as far as I'm concerned. I just hope that there is something at street level and not just a wall like what appears to be happening with Ryerson's new building on Yonge.

Back