News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

good for Minnan-Wong, he seems to be one reasonable voice on the right side of council. I couldnt stand him though when he was in opposition to Miller. It would be great to have Amsterdam style curbed bike lanes here, but entire streets would need to be rebuilt and Toronto's streets are often so narrow that it would be difficult to make happen.

I think what new condos within the Bixi 'bikeshed' should do is offer a free 1 year Bixi membership as part of the condo purchase. If those buyers don't use it, the condo companies are still paying into Bixi, and if they do use it, then Bixi gets more ridership and more exposure. The condo companies also get to market themselves with that 'urban trendiness' that they love so much. Because really, what's it to them to throw in an $80 membership (I think that's what it is) on a $400,000 condo purchase? It's peanuts to them.

I personally think it's a win-win-win.

They should have at least put a few bikes in The Distillery District and Regent Park/Cabbagetown. (the CNE/Ontario Place too) I want to see cycling lanes separated from traffic. I will not drive on Toronto's bike lanes the way they are now. It's too dangerous for me.

Qweed123's idea is great. I think this should be extended all the way east to The Beaches and west to the highway, north to St. Clair. Stations spaced more obviously. Mmmmmmmmm solar panels powering the bike stations <3

Back