Aura looked really cool tonight with the moon. My photo doesn't do the scene justice:

Feb 6th

Aura on a Winter's Night.jpg

Attachments

• Aura on a Winter's Night.jpg
    Aura on a Winter's Night.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 634
It looks bizarre seeing a tower lit up with residents at night while not even being topped out.

I wonder how many casual passers-by think that the steel canopy over the podium is a permanent design feature.

I wonder how many casual passers-by think that the steel canopy over the podium is a permanent design feature.

I think a lot, if not most. Every person I've walked by with, that has commented on it, thought it was permanent.

Strange to allow occupancy during construction

…which goes to show how design illiterate the average passerby is.

It is intriguing that the city permit occupancy of a suite in an under construction building, when the building is not yet topped, poor residents would be paying occupancy fees whilst breathing construction dust through the central HVAC system.
The city ought to stop the practice of permitting occupancy inspite of the building not being topped.

If the civil construction work was completed and the building was topped it could have be argued by the developer that all civil work construction was completed and only the work of internal fit-out was being carried out so please permit occupancy but in the present state of ongoing civil construction occupancy ought not to have been givrn for units even on the lower floor CITY OF TORONTO please wake up from your drunken stupor

Last edited:
It is intriguing that the city permit occupancy of a suite in an under construction building, when the building is not yet topped, poor residents would be paying occupancy fees whilst breathing construction dust through the central HVAC system.
The city ought to stop the practice of permitting occupancy inspite of the building not being topped.

If the civil construction work was completed and the building was topped it could have be argued by the developer that all civil work construction was completed and only the work of internal fit-out was being carried out so please permit occupancy but in the present state of ongoing civil construction occupancy ought not to have been givrn for units even on the lower floor CITY OF TORONTO please wake up from your drunken stupor

I believe the central HVAC system gets its air from inside the unit, not from within the building, so the dust would mostly be coming from within the persons unit, not from the units under construction.

The heating and cooling are both centralized which means the entire system is connected to all suite directly above and directly below so that the air is circulated throughout the building

Best view of Aura is from Mt. Pleasant Ave. - driving south from St. Clair; amazing views/angles- full sweep of downtown. Hard to take a pic while driving or even as a passenger. I did notice a staircase leading up to a building (or maybe it was a house) on the east side of Mt. Pleasant that would give a photographer a great opportunity (a few blocks south of St. Clair just as the road curves).

Best view of Aura is from Mt. Pleasant Ave. - driving south from St. Clair; amazing views/angles- full sweep of downtown. Hard to take a pic while driving or even as a passenger. I did notice a staircase leading up to a building (or maybe it was a house) on the east side of Mt. Pleasant that would give a photographer a great opportunity (a few blocks south of St. Clair just as the road curves).

Ahhh the stairs up to Ridge Drive. Been meaning to get over there.

The heating and cooling are both centralized which means the entire system is connected to all suite directly above and directly below so that the air is circulated throughout the building

The air is not circulated between units. The air being blown into your unit, comes from your unit only. Otherwise, you would have no control over your suite's temperature.

Only the cooling/heating is circulated between units, through pipes usually filled with water. A fan brings air in from your intake (Not anyone elses), blows it against the pipes, and blows it back out.

Back