aura.jpg

Aura's basement condo retailer system is a disaster. Is there anyone in there making any money? I considered investing in an Aura condo many years ago, but I had too many reservations about the site, builder, and area. How is it doing now?

Aura's basement condo retailer system is a disaster. Is there anyone in there making any money? I considered investing in an Aura condo many years ago, but I had too many reservations about the site, builder, and area. How is it doing now?
You will be hard pressed to find anyone here who will disagree with you. There are many posts detailing the failure of their retail part (and the flaws above it, esp. if one gets closer!). The retail could only, MAYBE, be improved if they made a proper link to College Park and even better linked to PATH going south but who will pay to do that? The developer is long gone, the retail mini-units are all sold off, the owners made a HUGE mistake. They should put a sign over the entrance "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here".

The attached flyer came through my email this morning. Wow - do I feel badly for anyone who purchased a retail condo here.

Based on the numbers that they're showing, for a 5% cap rate you would need to get rents of $22.00 net (which isn't that bad for downtown). BUT the taxes and maintenance fees work out to $30.00 psf.

So if a tenant is paying a reasonable 15% in gross rent, they would need to be generating sales of almost $360,000 from a unit with limited visibility and exposure.

Attachments

• 384_Yonge_Street_Unit_66_Flyer.pdf
    660.1 KB · Views: 425
It would have to be a more "urban" IKEA with more focus on showrooms, delivery and Market Hall and not as dedicated to the couch in the back of a pickup truck crowd.

Maybe, I wonder when the leases for BBB, Marshall or whatever that gym is called now will be up.

AoD

There's possibilities for smaller, urban format stores for IKEA which already exists in some cities:

The "IKEA Planning Studio" concept has also opened in NYC:

Back