Aura yesterday morning.

Aura-Feb3-14.png

The nicest thing I can say about this building is that it got rid of an ugly parking lot that existed for way too long.
Whether the infill is an improvement over parking, I will say yes. Other than that, the taller it gets, the more of it there is to dislike.

When all is said and done I bet Aura is more dramatic than One Bloor.

You're comparing apples to steaks.
One Bloor is barely 5% complete and in a totally different league.
Aura is a glorified monsterous G+C tower, with mediocre big box anchor tenants, a depressing and failing underground shopping mall, and on a ho-hum stretch of Yonge Street. It's one big lost opportunity and could have been something great, but succumbed to developer's greed and cutting corners everywhere.
Just wait a couple years until One Bloor is complete and you will be eating your own words.

Oddly enough, it is turning out to be one of the most intriguing and fascinating (and dare I say, even handsome) buildings to watch rising in the last construction cycle. Its mismatched angles, levels and geometrically distinctive elements, alongside Its ledged like balconies and semi-cylinder top portion, is somehow working well together and it's growing on me. In addition, its unique location and unobstructed vistas from different angles, making the building in my opinion, into a successful addition, as well as prominent and distinctive landmark in our city.

Last edited:
guys saying something good or bad before the completion of the building is just like saying that the baby will be genius before he is even born.

guys saying something good or bad before the completion of the building is just like saying that the baby will be genius before he is even born.

No, it is nowhere near as ridiculous as predicting the future intelligence of a fetus.

yes, sir it is. many form members said this tower was ugly and horrible but now many of those forum members are saying they like it. no doubt this tower is cheap but still it does not look that bad.

I think that a lot of people have a like-hate relationship with Aura. I'm kind of neutral about it right now until it's fully completed with rooftop lighting and all, but I'm partially siding with the 'like' side because I do think that it has added significantly to the city as a massive new landmark and also eliminated a parking lot. I'm sure that we can all agree that Aura is facinating (hence why members are addicted to this thread!).

Back