The main doors into the basement coming from college park have no glass and say EMERGENCY DOOR UNLOCKED BY FIRE ALARM. All of those doors should have glass and have THE SHOPS AT AURA written at least somewhere.

My suspicion is that the current doors have something to do with the fire code. Can you have glass doors between buildings like this? I know they exist in the PATH further south.

This and Metropolis are the biggest disappointments in Toronto, when it comes to new retail. It's mind blowing to me how bad this is, considering how massive the development is. The critical review above is not an exaggeration. It really is that bad! If I was the developer, I'd be so embarrassed. Seriously, these guys have no shame at all. This place is new but it desperately needs a renovation and upgrade.

It's strange that Red's directs people to a side Gerrard entrance rather than have a proper and prominent entrance at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard where the awkward set of double doors are. I wonder how the architects imagined those double doors working? At right angles to one another? Maybe those doors can be used for summer patio access?

I agree that the access to the basement shops is strange. Has anyone entered or exited the basement through the doors on Gerrard? Feels like a parking garage stairwell at best. If there was a proper and inviting entrance off Gerrard you might be able to get more people moving through the basement to and from the subway who might stop at the foodcourt, window shop, etc.

Brutal. But what do you expect from an architecture firm whose offices look like this:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Grazi...8nN8QGELfynwfT-oA2dF1g&cbp=12,120.17,,0,-0.63

Aura looks and feels like it was developed to please skyscraper fanboys and nobody else. Not even overseas investors could be happy with the wasted opportunities all over the site.

Also, on windy nights my 50 story tower oscillates so much it makes me uneasy. I don't even want to imagine what that must be like at Aura.

It's strange that Red's directs people to a side Gerrard entrance rather than have a proper and prominent entrance at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard where the awkward set of double doors are. I wonder how the architects imagined those double doors working? At right angles to one another? Maybe those doors can be used for summer patio access?

I agree that the access to the basement shops is strange. Has anyone entered or exited the basement through the doors on Gerrard? Feels like a parking garage stairwell at best. If there was a proper and inviting entrance off Gerrard you might be able to get more people moving through the basement to and from the subway who might stop at the foodcourt, window shop, etc.

It doesn't look like an entrance to a mall. I am sure, most people think it is to the parking only because they probably don't read the sings when walking by.

Back