There are lots of things that are "mind blowing" about this project, and not in a good way, but I hope the roof (and roof lighting) is mind blowing in a good way. I am still hopeful, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Today:

kfirktx.jpg

z5DVuOP.jpg

Does anyone know if the second wave of occupants have moved in? Up to which floor are people living in now?

Does anyone know if the second wave of occupants have moved in? Up to which floor are people living in now?

There are definitely people with occupancy on the 40th floor - and maybe higher, but I don't know for sure yet.

I believe the plan for this present wave of occupancy was to have the keys released for the majority of the units up to floor 55 throughout the month of February.

how people can move in? does the construction noise disturb them or not?

how people can move in? does the construction noise disturb them or not?

Just like with any new construction project, you have to go with the flow during the occupancy period regarding the noise, dust, occasional elevator delays and the presence of construction works going through the building during the work periods of the day. I suppose you get used to it, but I'm sure the residents can't wait for everything to be finished. You'd need a current resident to properly weigh in on the experience.

Based on the rate of progress at Aura, the people who took occupancy in August 2013 (mainly the floors up to 31) will very likely not be getting their unit registered until fall 2014, so that's a long time to live in a building that isn't 100% finished!

They'll hear some. The concrete pump is still running through the building, and the hoist is anchored into the lower floors so that makes some noise as it passes. Nothing unbearable tho, I'm sure you wouldn't notice it after awhile.

I've spent many hours there on the 23rd floor while they were working and didn't hear a peep.

Just like with any new construction project, you have to go with the flow during the occupancy period regarding the noise, dust, occasional elevator delays and the presence of construction works going through the building during the work periods of the day. I suppose you get used to it, but I'm sure the residents can't wait for everything to be finished. You'd need a current resident to properly weigh in on the experience.

Based on the rate of progress at Aura, the people who took occupancy in August 2013 (mainly the floors up to 31) will very likely not be getting their unit registered until fall 2014, so that's a long time to live in a building that isn't 100% finished!

I live in CP1 on lower floors. When I moved in towards the end of July 2006, construction was still in progress on upper floors. Didn't hear a noise at all. However, from my bedroom window, I could seen panels going up periodically. There was lots of dust in the apartment -- I presume from the construction and the fact that corridors did not have carpets at that time.

It took 1 full year for the building to be registered.

I know it's been wicked cold & windy, but if construction went any slower, they'd be pulling it down. :)

DarksideDenizen and mafaldaboy nice pics and first time I have seen these angles.

Back