Please don't cheese it up with a Vegas-style parade of tacky colours. Not after just regaining some support for the project following a decent finish.

I don't have a problem with colors on special occasions, but on a day to day basis I think only white or blue lighting would look good here.

I encourage a UT member to go to Riverdale Park and take a shot from across the valley looking downtown (from Broadview) Aura is stunning.

It's a huge change to the Toronto skyline I would say nearly on par with the CN Tower. It's that big of an impact.

And it really stands out from the downtown core. It's gorgeous.

This vantage point is crying out for a quality UT member to go there with a proper SLR and a tripod.

Until then here's my super crappy iPhone shot.

IMG_5270.JPG

this building turned out very well. that crown and lighting made it look very nice.

Yeah I will say I am impressed. Those lights made it. A new skyline icon for the city. I had friends snapchatting me this tower and they aren't even into architecture or skyscrapers at all. So the general public is taking notice. For a building to do that... it's gotta be a big deal.

Well, I feel the need to humbly walk back a statement I dropped in this thread about 2 years ago vowing that this was destined to become Toronto's most hated building. Though the bottom 2/3 is still some of the worst dreck ever barfed up in this city, it is somehow saved by it's elegant and attractive crown. As another poster noted, it's like a nice building trying to climb out of an ugly one. (Or words to that effect).

Say what you want to say, but this will be the most iconic bldg built in this city in the last 20 years:cool:

That's what I've been saying for the last 20 months but I knew it was only a matter of time until the rest of UT caught up with me. This building is the new downtown landmark that every tourist will want lots of pictures of. It will become very recognizable as Toronto, whenever you see it in movies or pictures.

Is it tacky when the CN Tower is different colours?

I'm please with Aura's lighting so far. I would likely appreciate this clean white lighting for the long-term. Occasionally, though, would Aura being versatile with its lighting colours really be any tackier than when the CN Tower does it?

Yes and Yes.

Meh.

I can live without the Canadian Tire, Icicle Christmas-lights effect. Too bright. Too much of the top of the tower... Just too much.

Back