8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

pmilo

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey All. This is the floor plan I bought. Wanted to see what others thought. I have a full wrap around balcony that goes along the bedroom. (Sorry for the quality of image. Try looking beyond the realtors logo. Its the best pic I could find.)

axiom 3.jpg

Attachments

• axiom 3.jpg
    axiom 3.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 1,237
Great wide living room. Perfect Living/Dining Situation. Good size bedroom and bathroom situation. Only downside is little closet space. That 'Den' more of a nook. Bookshelf/Little Office.

Little confused is the balcony east facing or south?

Corner units are the best buy :D. That 662 Sq Ft will feel closer to 750.

Last edited:
Great wide living room. Perfect Living/Dining Situation. Good size bedroom and bathroom situation. Only downside is little closet space. That 'Den' more of a nook. Bookshelf/Little Office.

Little confused is the balcony east facing or south?

Corner units are the best buy :D. That 662 Sq Ft will feel closer to 750.

I bought a corner unit in hopes of all the natural light. The unit faces south west, where the bedroom faces west; that is where the balcony will be situated. I understand the den area being more of a nook, but thought a row of ikea Pax wardrobes or perhaps a custom shelving unit with a built in desk would be ideal there.

Normally I hate diagonal walls, but this is what I'd do to clean up that mess of an entry labyrinth:

vxnvauH.png

I imagine either a sliding paneled wall system in dark grey or red, or whatever, to highlight the diagonal feature, rather than drywall and regular doors for bathroom/laundry

I know this den seems to be a love or hate, but the picture below is what I envision doing with it. I dont think diagonal walls is the right way to go. A wall of extra storage I think would be great. The bottom centre storage would be removed and used as a desk space with the upper cabinets still remaining.

IMG_5558.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_5558.PNG
    IMG_5558.PNG
    203.7 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:
@ pmilo - yes, maximize your vertical space up to the ceiling if possible.
for a desk you really need more than 12" depth, more like 18" at least.

also, which wall are you planning to do this on, or both?

@ pmilo - yes, maximize your vertical space up to the ceiling if possible.
for a desk you really need more than 12" depth, more like 18" at least.

also, which wall are you planning to do this on, or both?

yes cdr! I was thinking the same thing about vertical space. The picture above was created using Ikea base kitchen cabinets in a different way so I imagine it will provide me with at least 18" depth. I was thinking to create this along the long wall (across the bathroom entrance- parallel to the kitchen), but open to rounding it along the other wall in an L shape; however I am a fan of symmetry so unlikely along that small L wall.

yes cdr! I was thinking the same thing about vertical space. The picture above was created using Ikea base kitchen cabinets in a different way so I imagine it will provide me with at least 18" depth. I was thinking to create this along the long wall (across the bathroom entrance- parallel to the kitchen), but open to rounding it along the other wall in an L shape; however I am a fan of symmetry so unlikely along that small L wall.

I've used ikea kitchen cabinets in other places also.
I'm not sure if the ones in the pic are base or wall cabinets. usually wall cabinets are 12" deep, while base are 24".

I can't tell how much space you actually have there since the dimensions provided aren't indicative of what you can really work with since it's really an enlarged hallway.

I've used ikea kitchen cabinets in other places also.
I'm not sure if the ones in the pic are base or wall cabinets. usually wall cabinets are 12" deep, while base are 24".

I can't tell how much space you actually have there since the dimensions provided aren't indicative of what you can really work with since it's really an enlarged hallway.

I think the cabinets are 24" depth. When you look at Ikea high cabinets as seen on the ends of that photo, they are only available in that depth.

Back