News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

We are in the middle of the greatest intergenerational wealth transfer in history and there is no supply to keep up with demand.
If one looks at the 3D moedelling of the proposed and under construction devlopment of condominiums (not to mention the sprawl occuring in communities east, west and north of the GTA), the supply of housing will grow at a blistering rate. In fact, if even half the stuff on the drawing boards gets built, there will be an oversupply of housing. The promose of development riches is attracting a lot of very inexperienced developers and my feeling is it will not end well for many. The big guys can all sustain a hit and they continue full speed ahead knowing they can withstand it. They just don't know when the sh*t will hit the fan, so they keep going so as not to miss out on all the short term gains.

If one looks at the 3D moedelling of the proposed and under construction devlopment of condominiums (not to mention the sprawl occuring in communities east, west and north of the GTA), the supply of housing will grow at a blistering rate. In fact, if even half the stuff on the drawing boards gets built, there will be an oversupply of housing. The promose of development riches is attracting a lot of very inexperienced developers and my feeling is it will not end well for many. The big guys can all sustain a hit and they continue full speed ahead knowing they can withstand it. They just don't know when the sh*t will hit the fan, so they keep going so as not to miss out on all the short term gains.
keep in mind immigration will be +450k per year(Canada) , by the time everything get built.... , those condos buildings take like 7 years from start to finish

Baby, we got a bubble bath😂🤣😅
IMG_20211223_235134.jpg

unbelievable - my sister lives in this subdivision, it was a normal, affordable neighbourhood when they bought in years ago. Federal committee meets on affordable housing this week, will be interesting to see if they address any of the GTA

severely undervalued areas soared due to the pandemic. That's really all it is. Proximity to downtown no longer matters which is what kept people at bay. A lot of condo dwellers decided to move into houses. Condo prices downtown haven't soared.

severely undervalued areas soared due to the pandemic. That's really all it is. Proximity to downtown no longer matters which is what kept people at bay. A lot of condo dwellers decided to move into houses. Condo prices downtown haven't soared.
yeah condos soaring as well
7 Grenville - Yonge + College
865 Sq Ft 3 bed with parking
Ask: 999,000
Sold: 1,289,000
= $1490/sqft
20220113_010604.png

But arguably condos appreciated a lot faster then homes in the 2016/16 <-> 2021 period, so this is more a leveling off.

yeah condos soaring as well
7 Grenville - Yonge + College
865 Sq Ft 3 bed with parking
Ask: 999,000
Sold: 1,289,000
= $1490/sqft
View attachment 374540
Gawd, I can’t imagine living in a tiny condo if I was still wfh. I go stir crazy in my comparatively spacious house.

^can you imagine living in a 400sqft studio at Keele & Dundas with no parking, regular height ceilings and having to pay +$650K pre con. for it 😲

Back