News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I don't know why the mayor's of Stirling, Collingwood and Wasaga Beach get together and fund the GO bus to their city. Peterborough did it. Why can't they?
There's no need. There are already LINX buses from Barrie to Wasaga Beach via Angus and Stayner, and from Wasaga Beach to Collingwood. There's no need for an intermediate step of GO buses along the route before any train service.

Because all GO buses run on weekends?
I think you are missing the point. The link bus runs on weekdays every 60 min from 5:30AM to 6:30pm. How is that suitable for anyone? You cant even have a drink with your work friends on a Friday after work to be able to get home to collingwood. At this rate everyone will just drive.

At least if it ran to 9pm that would be reasonable. Look at the Peterborough service, it started as a Pilot project and now the bus is full. That should tell you something.

I definitely agree that the Wasaga-Barrie bus should be the first to offer some evening and weekend service, especially as it best serves the GO service. At least Orillia has one later evening trip and some weekend Northland service from Barrie.

I definitely agree that the Wasaga-Barrie bus should be the first to offer some evening and weekend service, especially as it best serves the GO service. At least Orillia has one later evening trip and some weekend Northland service from Barrie.
It should be based on first bus to meet the GO train. 30 min after the last GO train to Barrie.

According to folks on Bruce Rails, the diamond at Utopia has been removed.

Yes the diamond was removed overnight. As of this morning at 7am, crews were finishing up surfacing the CP mainline through the area of the old diamond.

In terms of storage:

There are still maybe a dozen storage tank cars in the Colwell Siding and a few more on the Penatang spur.

F4A7E7E7-F928-41D4-AABA-4133359F3113.jpeg

I went to see it for myself, and sure enough; it is all but gone.

What is the significance of this?: "The diamond at Utopia has been removed".

CP and whomever operates the remains of the BCRY have less maintenance to do, but there won't be any rail use west of the CP line crossing (i.e. the town of Utopia and points beyond) without either building a full grade separation or putting a diamond back in. Neither of those will be politically easy or cheap to accomplish (though a reactivated diamond would be cheaper), so the western section of the line is basically dead dead dead without one hell of a high paying business case.

CP and whomever operates the remains of the BCRY have less maintenance to do, but there won't be any rail use west of the CP line crossing (i.e. the town of Utopia and points beyond) without either building a full grade separation or putting a diamond back in. Neither of those will be politically easy or cheap to accomplish (though a reactivated diamond would be cheaper), so the western section of the line is basically dead dead dead without one hell of a high paying business case.
I see. So this is holding back the GO train to Collingwood?

Back