8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The Condo Observer

Member Bio
Reaction score
Can someone post some pics of the infill development going on at this corner, at the Bay-Charles rental towers. Will be good to see that odd open space filled in.

It's still under construction. When I was last by there early last week the surface area in the centre court area between the Bay Charles Towers & 57 Charles W. is still dug out down to the roof of the underground and all fenced off. Not a whole lot to see yet.

They are renovating the courtyard and the parking lots. I don't think they're going to build anything (no infill) here.

Yeah, I saw it as your typical garage slab restoration project.

If anything, I'd rather see that "odd open space" restored, space frame (or some less rusty facsimile thereof) and all--it was one of the city's more positive urban streetscape contributions of its c1980 moment. Stuffing it with infill would only make it more awkward, not less...

Bay-Charles Towers Garage & Courtyard Renovations

Can someone post some pics of the infill development going on at this corner, at the Bay-Charles rental towers. Will be good to see that odd open space filled in.

Here you go:

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I think that empty convenience store would make for an excellent bistro with an opportunity for a nice patio too.

There was an application about 55 Charles turning to condos. The sign was taken down when the renovations started.

I recently spoke to management and it sounds like since they missed the recent boom, plans are to wait for the moment. A rental it will stay. They are renovating kitchens and bathrooms in the building, but not to the effect of expecting to flip the building to high ends condos (no granite countertops, etc).

It appears that the status quo will remain for the time being.

I think that empty convenience store would make for an excellent bistro with an opportunity for a nice patio too.

There was an application about 55 Charles turning to condos. The sign was taken down when the renovations started.

I recently spoke to management and it sounds like since they missed the recent boom, plans are to wait for the moment. A rental it will stay. They are renovating kitchens and bathrooms in the building, but not to the effect of expecting to flip the building to high ends condos (no granite countertops, etc).

It appears that the status quo will remain for the time being.

There are some great apartments at 55 Charles, very spacious and some have amazing views. One day they could make great condos (they have lots of three bedroom suites there too!). Central A/C, dishwashers & concierge is standard here.
57 Charles has smaller apartments but they also have dishwashers, A/C & such. Some have upgraded granite counters and premium appliances, but the rent is higher for those units.

Aug 22nd Update

The courtyard renovations at the Bay Charles Towers are coming along, albeit slowly.

May20th Update

The above ground work is now complete in the plaza area between the two towers. It's a little underwhelming right now but I like the addition of the trees and the light standards.

Well, if it's a little underwhelming, it may be because it screams out "space frame was here"...

Back