God, I hope not...enough, already.

I'm hoping for a breakfast spot, maybe a Sunset Grill or something similar. There's plenty of market for that. The Eggsmart seems to do quite well, and it's south of Sheppard. NYCC does have a large crowd of people coming into work, as well as the Novotel. I think something up in this spot would do quite well.

But god, no more noodles and bubble tea. Please!

I wonder have plans have changed; Looking at:
http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/ArlinMarkowitz-5200YongeFlyer.pdf

There's talk of 3 floors of retail.

But on the becon's website:
http://beaconcondos.ca/Beacon.php

There's only talk of 15,000 square feet; Also it looks like the 3rd floor is now for condo amenities.

Also there is 0 mention of the market they planned here on the condo website, which is odd if they plan to go ahead with that.

Delighted to finally see plans on the underground link to subway ... thanks !

page 7 of PDF

http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/ArlinMarkowitz-5200YongeFlyer.pdf

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,858
Here's the first floor site plan,.... including the CityRetail space along the north-side of Sorbara Beacon to become a St.Lawrence Market type retail area,.... with Butcher, Cheese, Fish, Bakery and Deli shop along with interior food court seating area,... along with the adjacent outdoor "Publicly Accessible Open Space" called NY Square mew area for outdoor markets and events based on community demand.

IMG_5588.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5588.JPG
    IMG_5588.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,174
Here's the first floor site plan,.... including the CityRetail space along the north-side of Sorbara Beacon to become a St.Lawrence Market type retail area,.... with Butcher, Cheese, Fish, Bakery and Deli shop along with interior food court seating area,... along with the adjacent outdoor "Publicly Accessible Open Space" called NY Square mew area for outdoor markets and events based on community demand.

Glad to see the butcher shop. One thing missing from the Mel Lastman Farmer's Market is meats. And this will be open year-round, which is a bonus. Just hoping they stock pastured, grass-fed, ethically-raised animal products. :)

Glad to see the butcher shop. One thing missing from the Mel Lastman Farmer's Market is meats. And this will be open year-round, which is a bonus. Just hoping they stock pastured, grass-fed, ethically-raised animal products. :)

In fairness to the Farmers Market in MelLastmanSquare, they do have a European smoked meat place,... but raw fresh meat is tough to do in the summer outdoors without a large refrigeration unit and without attracting flies,....

This St.Lawrence Market type area is totally different than the usual chain-store franchise thing or small Asian food places that you see along Yonge Street in NorthYorkCentre,.... and it's something that a lot of people in NorthYorkCentre are excited about!

View attachment 86881

Am I reading this correctly, that fronting Yonge St will be just 2 large retail spaces on opposite sides of the main centre entrance? I really hate it when the city allows shoe box sized retail outlets fronting Yonge, so I'm hoping I'm seeing this correctly.

You are reading that correctly. They each have an access to the service hall in behind… but they also have several entrances from the sidewalk, which means they could be split up into multiple smaller units if the landlord wants to go that way.

Back