huh ? There was never a mcdonlands on this site ! This is just north of the Gibson square development.

Yes there was. A few years ago it was a McDonalds, with a drive through and everything. I used to hike there from high school with friends. It moved out a while ago, I guess to focus on their Yonge and Sheppard location?

A real estate office moved in, but it was always a temporary sort of thing.

You are correct, it was a temporary real estate office, but you could still very much recognize it as an old McDonald's. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes it was a McDonalds but it never had a drive-thru from what I remember. I have to say this is one of the better looking building projects in the area. I've lived around NYC for my whole life, 32 years and I am rather disappointed in A LOT of the condos that have been built. Seems like no one has any imagination.

Yes it was a McDonalds but it never had a drive-thru from what I remember. I have to say this is one of the better looking building projects in the area. I've lived around NYC for my whole life, 32 years and I am rather disappointed in A LOT of the condos that have been built. Seems like no one has any imagination.

Yup, it did. I remember some ill-conceived adventures with that thing.

I've only lived in the area since high school, and while some buildings seem boring, I think the community has developed fantastically well. There is much more of a community sense than before.

Maybe sometimes it's what (or who) is inside the buildings that count?

Does anyone know if the retail will be multi-level?

Oct 12: Looks like construction will start in early 2014. As noted, most of the building have been remove, leaving a small section to the south. Virez is closing their doors soon, leaving the 3 out unites and expect to see them gone by year end.
10336739795_1ff4d6899d_b.jpg

10336888835_0833099c26_b.jpg

They haven;t even went into sales yet though ?

Coming to the market as Beacon Condos, reduced to 35 storeys from 37.

Coming to the market as Beacon Condos, reduced to 35 storeys from 37.

Yes this will be just north of Gibson Square. They have started to work on the closed down furniture store I'm assuming to build the sales center. The rest of the resturants in this block are still open for now. (Asian Legends, Bubble tea, etc.)

The two sites are side-by-side. Beacon Condos includes as far north as 5218 Yonge, Centrium is 5220 through 5254 Yonge.

Back